Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Transportation

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you own a car? What kind? If not, why not and how do you get around. If you use public transportation, what do you do about car seats?  What is the cost for your transportation?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I live in a rural area, so there is no public transportation option for me.  I have a 45 minute commute to my job each day.  I own a 2003 Pontiac Vibe and I love it!  It's the best car I've ever owned.  Even though I was concerned about buying it the first model year out, I have never had any problems with it.  I hope to have it several more years.  I'm sad that they stopped making the Pontiac brand.  I'll probably buy a used one when I'm ready for a new car again.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

NINA003
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM

We have an '08 chevy impala and its red lol. Dont want to get lost in the snow this winter!  

katiemomNY
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I live in Manhattan so we use a combination of public transportation & taxis.  We've only had our daughter on the bus, not the subway yet - we mostly use the Baby Bjorn for that.  And of course we use a carseat in taxis.

Public transportation is $2.25 one way.  We live in Harlem, so taking taxis downtown can be expensive.

MaysonsMommy805
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I have a VW Routan.  It's great when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the LIE for hours.... 

sakeenah35
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I have the subways, and buses! Its $2.25 to get on the train or bus and a free transfer up to two hours! Its the only way I get around!

JoGibson
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:55 PM

We have an 07 Dodge Grande Caravan and a 08 Saturn Ion. There is no public transportation in my town, its in the middle of no where.

Mom_by_Day
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM

We have a 2005 Honda Civic special edition. I LOVE that car. We bought it new so I hope it lasts a long time. We have had great luck with the car to...not being a maintenance nightmare like the 1/2ton truck we have.

Dawne98
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I live in NYC and we go the bus, subway, walk always no other way to go:) we don't have a car b/c it would be $$$ just to park it..lol but I love it:) I lived in Miami FL and had a car and when I went back in the summer my dd and I would say "we would have been there already if they had a subway..lol we use a car service when we go to the airport and if we are going out and we are dressed up.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:51 PM

We have a Honda Accord '98.  It's just temporary because all of the kids don't fit..only the carseats fit in the back.

If I have to go to the city, I usually use the subway.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I have lots of different transportation. A boat for the water, snowmobiles for the snow, a 4x4 and car.

I could never rely on public transportation living in the South Towns of WNY. They don't run too frequently. If I lived in the city of Buffalo I wouldn't rely on the public transportation either. I like having the freedom to come and go as I choose.

As far as cost, well, that just went up once again thanks to our inept Government!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)