Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chritmas gifts...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

I was thinking about making my sister and her boyfriend ( they live together) , my mom and dad, and my husband grandparents homemade comforters..does anything think these are good gifts? I bought some fabric tonight and it cost me $51. and change per blanket...I think it would be a good gift..how would you feel if you recieved this as a Christmas gift?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StudioM
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I'd love it! I think hand made gifts are SO MUCH better!!!

harry
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM

i think it,s a wonderful idea ! and I agree homemade gifts are so much better, i am working on  a homemade cook book for my youngest son,s g/f, nothing fancy i,m afraid but it,s what i could do .

JASMamma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I think it's a great idea.  I usually make gifts as well. Baked goods and stuff.

Have A Grateful Day!
Tee's Home Doings Blog: http://teeshomedoings.blogspot.com/
remaining_me
by Kay on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Oh my comforter is my love. Lol. I think that would be a great gift Idea!

connietrrll
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Me too. People say I treat it like a childs blanky. LOL

Quoting remaining_me:

Oh my comforter is my love. Lol. I think that would be a great gift Idea!

Tam_n_Fam
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 4:36 AM

I think it is a great idea.  It is practical, fuctional, and made with love.  The best kind of gifts :).  When my son was born, I ended up with 3 home made blankets.  One from my auntie which was the most special because she loves making them.

j.a.n
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:21 AM

i think that makes for a wonderful gift..it came from the heart and you put alot of thought and time into it..when your done maybe you can post them so we can have a peak.. 

2blueeyegrls
by Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 6:46 AM

I think it is perfect! Home made gifts show heart and compassion for the person they are made for. This year due to $ being tight we bought the girls cermaic ornaments that they can paint for each of their aunts, uncles, and grandparents to put on their tree's each year.  Even though we are really only focusing on the kids in the family, it'll be a nice little gift....

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:39 AM

You're talking to a girl who asked for bedsheets for Christmas one year.  I would love to get a homemade blanket!  Great gift idea.

robsgurl_23
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I asked my sister the other night what she tought about it she said what ever you want to make us is fine with me..so I am excited about makeing them..I have found I really like making the blankets. I am waiting for the fabric to be shipped here..It will probably be here next week sometime and I can start to make them. I picked out some pretty fabric as well..the only thing abot ordering it online from www.joann.com is not all fabric they have a lot of at a time so I had to change the fabric a bunch of times to find enough for each blanket. Each blanket takes 12 yards and a lot only have 5 yards left or 4 yards..I was like aaarrrrr after a while...lol but I found some nice fabric and if you put stuff in your cart and you close out of the window like if your window freezes all the stuff will get taken out of the cart. I had to re add the stuff a few times. I have a jo ann fabric store not too far from me but the area is near a mall and right now the mall is not where I want to be until after Christmas time.So I got it all online..the shipping wasnt too bad a little over $11.00 for about around a  $145.00 purchase.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)