Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

new to all this.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi ladies! I'm a mother of twin boys age 5. They are a hand full, but are oh so cute. They are speech delayed and don't understand things sometimes. That is why I don't go out much with them.  People ,  some not all ,  are just down right mean and don't understand.  I want to start a new year out right and desided to do something about it.  So I'm changing my ways and my outlook on things; with a little help. 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lauNYarg
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Hi Deedee,

Good luck to you....It's hard to start but once you get on a roll and see that changes become a positive thing it will all fall into place.  I give you credit it must have taken a lot to make that decision.

Hope to hear how it's going!!!

Very best,

Laura

Dawne98
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM

HI I am sorry that people are mean about your boys...that is not right at all...but have a great year and I hope you'll not let people like them keep you and your boys from going out and having fun!!!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Good for you!!  You should never let other people's ignorance keep you from letting your children enjoy & experience life. 

saltycoqui
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Hi deedee, I think I know how you feel. My kids are both mildly autistic. They get speech, ot, pt and counseling. For many years I've been dealing with ignorance and rudeness from many angles. It's hard to just brush those things off but for the sake of your kids and your own sanity we have to adapt. Twins must be hard work but they sound like lots of fun too.

Lisa0626
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM

People can be so rude. Good Luck to you!

deedee120
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Thanks alot . I have my good days and I have My really good days. Today is one of thoughs, a really good one.  Boys are happy and working with me,  Not against me today.  So all is good. Making friends, getting back in shape and having fun with my boys (no crying for hours on end.)is what this year is about.

Having twins is really nice because they always have each other to play with.  And these guys are very close.  It cute to see how they wait for each other and share with each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN