Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Cosmetics

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM
Liz
  • 12 Replies

Do you wear makeup?  If yes, are you true to a brand or do you mix it up?

by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I wear just a little bit of makeup.  Daily I put on Cover Girl Simply Powder to even out my skin tone.  When I do wear lipstick, I use Avon Best Brown (I buy those things in bulk!). On special occasions I may wear mascara & that I buy whatever is on sale or have a coupon for.

jgl3g
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:12 AM

I rarely wear make-up. Usually mine is mixed what I do have that is. I buy Avon and CG Almay lol just what ever I can get onsale at the time.

Mommy2LnJ
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I occasionally wear makeup.. usually on weekends when I actually leave the house for more than just errands... I wear Avon because I sell it, so it makes it easy to stock up

I'm a strong, pro-choice, spanking when needed, put off today what can be done tomorrow, make a fool of myself to make my kids laugh, country music lovin', tattoo addicted, Brett Favre loving SAHM of 2 1/2yr old twin boys. *The tattoo is a mark of the soul. It can act as a window through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield to protect us from those who cannot see past the surface*

twin boys

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jan. 7, 2010 at 7:15 PM

When i'm just at home I don't wear anything but lip balm.  But if I go out I use my bare minerals foundation and some ELF eyeshadow.  I use a black eyeshadow for my eye liner, I get a much more even and long lasting look with that.  And I do still use some Avon as I *used* to sell.

Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I'm almost exclusively a Mary Kay girl, but I'll use Covergirl or Maybelline in a pinch.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I don't really use make-up at all. I have some lipstick that I *think* is cover girl (but it might be avaon, maybe I should look, lol). I did recently think about doing the whole make-up thing daily to "feel better about myself." It went as far as a thought....lol

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM

it has been years since I wore it. Maybe once I get some other stuff done and feel alittle better about me I will..

armywife2009101
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I wear make up most of the time. I use BARE minerals. Its the best. It may be a little expensive, but it last foever. If you watch T.V and you want to wear it they are running an awesome deal, defintally worth the 30 bucks they are asking for.

mlp71
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Quoting armywife2009101:

I wear make up most of the time. I use BARE minerals. Its the best. It may be a little expensive, but it last foever. If you watch T.V and you want to wear it they are running an awesome deal, defintally worth the 30 bucks they are asking for.

I wear and love Bare Minerals too, have been using it for the past five years. would not wear anything else.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 9, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Bare minerals is the way to go. Especially if you have facial issues. I use to break out all over my face, it was horrible. I never had that much acne as a teenager. I felt horrible about myself. Now I get the occasional break out, but nothing like I was getting.

I wont even consider buying cheap makeup anymore. It has made such a huge difference for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)