Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I need a new phone!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Liz
  • 8 Replies

I have had the same phone for about 4 or 5 years now.  I can upgrade but can't decide what I want.  I would really love a blackberry but can't really justify the cost of one...I don't use my phone all that often. 

I was just one the AT&T website looking at phones but I can't make the decision.  It's too hard!!

by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I am not with AT&T. I am with Verizon. I do not cary the internet package on my cell phone because I don't need it and truthfully I do not want it. I was however looking at purchasing a Blackberry I just upgraded my phone in December. However, with Verizon you have to have a minimum 30 dollar data package to have the Blackberry. My phone bill as is , is 170.00 a month. . So I skipped the Blackberry. I only wanted it for the QWERTY keyboard.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I am not with AT&T. I am with Verizon. I do not cary the internet package on my cell phone because I don't need it and truthfully I do not want it. I was however looking at purchasing a Blackberry I just upgraded my phone in December. However, with Verizon you have to have a minimum 30 dollar data package to have the Blackberry. My phone bill as is , is 170.00 a month. . So I skipped the Blackberry. I only wanted it for the QWERTY keyboard.

AT&T has quite a few options with a keyboard...I'll probably just get one of those. 

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jan. 7, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I'm with verizon as well, I have an EnV 2, which has a full keyboard.  I love this phone and will stick with it for a few years. 

Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I like a flip phone that also has a full qwerty keyboard.  I have a Samsung that can flip open like a phone or up like a texting phone.

nanalyn1
by Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I have ATT and I love my phone

Jillysmom
Went to up date Jillian's picture and lost all my kids somehow?
Yesterday at 11:17 AM
by Adele on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Liz, I just got mine today. I also have AT&T and upgraded. I had the LG VU 915 and hated it, it was a touch screen and it locked after like 2 seconds plus the buttons were very easy to hit hit and try on, many times I would be driving and hear noise, I had hit the button and turned on the TV (which I had NO needed for)

I ordered the Nokia E71x (refurbished but still with warranty) and it was $0. Just the $18 upgrade fee. It has the full Qwerty keyboard. I was looking at the Samsung magnet but couldn't decide. Want I did was went to my local store and looked at what they had and noted the ones I liked then came home and looked into them again. I ordered it thru AT&T and had it within 2 days.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

Liz, I just got mine today. I also have AT&T and upgraded. I had the LG VU 915 and hated it, it was a touch screen and it locked after like 2 seconds plus the buttons were very easy to hit hit and try on, many times I would be driving and hear noise, I had hit the button and turned on the TV (which I had NO needed for)

I ordered the Nokia E71x (refurbished but still with warranty) and it was $0. Just the $18 upgrade fee. It has the full Qwerty keyboard. I was looking at the Samsung magnet but couldn't decide. Want I did was went to my local store and looked at what they had and noted the ones I liked then came home and looked into them again. I ordered it thru AT&T and had it within 2 days.

I'm going to check it out!  Thanks!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 8, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I'm with verizon as well, I have an EnV 2, which has a full keyboard.  I love this phone and will stick with it for a few years. 

I had the EnV, now my daughter has my old phone. My son has the enV2 and I have the enV3. I have to say I was much happier with the original enV. The battery power was awesome, it didn't freeze on me and I didn't waste half the battery power trying to send one darn picture message!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)