Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Planning my daughters Bday party.

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Kay
  • 6 Replies

I just wanted to ask what themes your children have had.

My daughter will be having a Mad-hatter "unbirthday" party. She wanted a tea party (she's been into them for a while now and since her "best friend" had one, that sealed the deal,lol). But I wanted something unisex (hers friends was very feminine and only had girls attend) that the little boys attending would enjoy as well. So far decorations have been easy breezy, But I still have to shop for game ideas. If you guys have had any cool themes/parties please feel free to share pix!

Kay

Sophia

pregnancy week by week

by on Jan. 8, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2010 at 6:09 PM

My son is very consistant....he has wanted a Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake each year since he was 2 and he's 5 now.  LOL.  He claims he wants Alvin and the Chipmunks this year. 

Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Nathanael has had Thomas the Train, Power Rangers, and bowling.  I'm sure there's been more themes but I'd have to go dig out the pics.

Naiya has had 1st year, 2nd year, Miss Spider Sunnypatch, and Lazytown/gymnastics.

Nadir hasn't had a bday yet.

remaining_me
by Kay on Jan. 8, 2010 at 6:51 PM

First year my daughter had a Backyardigans Party that didn't fall on her exact bday..it was a few days later and everything was Backyardigans (I bought everything didnt make anything), and on her actual bday I bought her two cakes (one for the family to have and a smaller cake for herself).

On her second birthday she didn't have a party but we  went to my moms and I made her a Wubbzy cake and she just got gifts and a personal cake again from my mom.

Kay

Sophia

pregnancy week by week

JulyBabies
by Member on Jan. 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM

My daughters' are both born in July, so we always have a joint birthday party. Last year, we had their party at home in the backyard with family, about 30 people. We had a tropical fish themed party. We had blue tablecloths with tropical fish paperware and tropical fish and dolphin shaped mylar balloons. I think it came out really well and was perfect for the summer.

remaining_me
by Kay on Jan. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Oh, woohoo I'm in July too. =] (the 16th). But that's cool/cute. Both of my girls will be cold weather girls, like their daddy. So we'll always have to keep the festivities inside! Lol.

Quoting JulyBabies:

My daughters' are both born in July, so we always have a joint birthday party. Last year, we had their party at home in the backyard with family, about 30 people. We had a tropical fish themed party. We had blue tablecloths with tropical fish paperware and tropical fish and dolphin shaped mylar balloons. I think it came out really well and was perfect for the summer.

Kay

Sophia

pregnancy week by week

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 10, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Corbin has had Blues Clues, Go Diego Go, Backyardigans and Spongebob

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)