Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Closed today

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM
Liz
  • 12 Replies

AAArgh...I needed something to do with my daughter because school is closed. I decided I would take her & the baby to the zoo so I went online to find out the hours....THEY'RE CLOSED TODAY.  *sobs*

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidensema
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM

i hear ya!!  my husband took my car to work, so no car, nothing to do, and its just 10:30 andi am going insane!

JoGibson
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM

how about some arts and crafts ? 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Quoting JoGibson:

how about some arts and crafts ? 

It's only good for so long before she becomes destructive.  I need for her to get some energy out...maybe I'll just take her to the park where she can run around for a while.

She does have her pre-k homework to do but that will only take her a couple of minutes.

Right now, she's jumping up and down on the trampoline.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM

What zoo is closed?

I have all 4 of mine and my niece today. Well, my brother took my oldest over to work on the house... so I have my 4 little ones and the niece. The niece has decided that she only wants to play with Garrett and CJ who are playing with legos, so she is locked out of their room. None of her toys are good enough.... oh and going out is out of the question as 3 of them are sick (bronchitis and ear issues). Actually I have a 4pm appointment for my niece and Alex to go back to the peds. 

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

JoGibson
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM

board games, yoga, let her make up a work out routine the two of you have to do together, a walk (are there any nature trails around you), baking cookies or bread together (knedding dough will drain some energy), talk about MLK and maybe do a project related to that, plan dinner together, make the list together, shop and make the meal together

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

What zoo is closed?

I have all 4 of mine and my niece today. Well, my brother took my oldest over to work on the house... so I have my 4 little ones and the niece. The niece has decided that she only wants to play with Garrett and CJ who are playing with legos, so she is locked out of their room. None of her toys are good enough.... oh and going out is out of the question as 3 of them are sick (bronchitis and ear issues). Actually I have a 4pm appointment for my niece and Alex to go back to the peds. 

The Bronx Zoo. 

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I would take her to the park .Let he run around and then when you get home you can do arts & crafts or playdough.Then have her do her homework.Help with dinner or bake some treats.....get creative=) 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Well, we did the homework.  Oh boy!  Wait till the teacher gets a load of her final results!  LOL.

No nature trails...we're in the concrete jungle.  I took a walk but she didn't want to come with me.  I did pick up some cake decorating supplies so we'll bake a cake a little later.

The issue is that I have to contend with her and the baby who only takes cat naps during the day.  My SO has to work so it's just me & the kids.  Luckily my 13 year old is home so he's been great help in keeping her busy.

JoGibson
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Well at least you have help.  I homeschool so I dont know what its like to have mine leave the house for the day.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Well, we did the homework.  Oh boy!  Wait till the teacher gets a load of her final results!  LOL.

No nature trails...we're in the concrete jungle.  I took a walk but she didn't want to come with me.  I did pick up some cake decorating supplies so we'll bake a cake a little later.

The issue is that I have to contend with her and the baby who only takes cat naps during the day.  My SO has to work so it's just me & the kids.  Luckily my 13 year old is home so he's been great help in keeping her busy.

Jillysmom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Why the heck is the zoo closed???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)