Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Second Birthday Ideas!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay Elijah's turning 2 and I want to throw him a nice Birthday Party but I don't know where it should be.  Everyone I know goes to Chuck E Cheese and I really want to go somewhere else.  Any Ideas?   I'm from the Bronx, raised in Brooklyn if that helps.  If you have any ideas for anything in Manhattan that's fine too.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I just do parties at home. Especially at that age. My son turned 2 back in Oct.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

cclpmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM

You could take him to bounce magic or rent a bounce house at your home.. I just had a small get together for mine when they turned 2.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I had a home birthday party for my son and a party at daycare for my daughter when they each turned 2.

LeeBill327
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM

When my son was 2 his birthday is September 19,2002 and he is now 7, we had a party in our backyard. We ordered tables and chairs from a party rental place. The theme was Hot Wheels cars since he started to love playing with them back then. We had a clown who did a magic show and did balloon animals. We had a pinata and the kids play with bubbles. My Mom and I had a family BBQ for the adults and for the kids we had mac n cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and juice boxes. We had a Carvel cake. I think when they are under 5 and not yet in school the party should be at home.  They are too young at 2 for an outside party but that is only my opinion.  Iam sure the theme can be a cartoon character he likes like Yo Gaba Gaba, or Elmo.

He is a cutie have fun and be safe!

Lisa

VLOcampo
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 2:43 PM

There's a great online store... Which is birthdayexpress.com it's a good one... try that out... 

tiredgranny521
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Get a cake and ice cream and keep it simple and at home. He will never remember the party. Worry about those details when he is older and can really participate in the prep and the party. If you set the bar this high now what will you do when he is older?

remaining_me
by Kay on Jan. 28, 2010 at 3:22 AM

I see your asking about outings, so I hate to agree with everyone else, but I'd keep it simple and do something at home for his age.

I'd take him to the Toys R Us out in the city if you wanted to do something with him out of the house though. That way your not paying for a party, he can get in some play time and you can get him some gifts. Good luck Mama. Hope he enjoys his day =]

Kay

Sophia

pregnancy week by week

NuMommy87
by on Jan. 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM

thanks mamas!!  You all are so right about keeping it simple, I just wanted to do something a little more special than at home.  A trip to Toys R Us and a huge birthday should suffice lol.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)