Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party Places

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hi ladies..... I am from the Manhatten area...Harlem.... and I am planning my son's 4th birthday party and my daughters 1st birthday party. I am having a very hard time finding a party room. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Im trying not to spend more then 500 on the room only cause I like to plan very big parties.... Thank you!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM

not more than $500 for a room?!!!! Dang how expensive is it o that side of the state? If I had that much I would not have to worry how I was going to pay for my daughter's party. I would have enough to buy her agraduation gift, rent a firehall or park pavilion, invitations, and food! Good luck!

animebuddy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Have you looked at the harlem bowling lanes?

http://www.harlemlanes.net/

chrarrington18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Quoting LadySaphira:

not more than $500 for a room?!!!! Dang how expensive is it o that side of the state? If I had that much I would not have to worry how I was going to pay for my daughter's party. I would have enough to buy her agraduation gift, rent a firehall or park pavilion, invitations, and food! Good luck!

i dont even want to spend that much.... places round here go for like 1200  to rent a space.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:06 PM

whoa thats crazy. hannah my seven year old is having a nerf party up to 50 guests for two hours is only 90. So glad I don't live in the city.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

My parties are here in my living-room/dining-room. Craft, snack, cake & ice cream... 2 hr. time limit... lol

Good luck, I am upstate

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

Jillysmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:40 PM

sorry can't help

Dawne98
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I just got the new TIME OUT NEW YORK KIDS and it was all about party ideas for every budget:)

How many kids?

What are a few things your son likes?

For your DD you can look into Wiggles and Giggles it is up on 180 I think. Also how many kids?

I have a going to be 12 year old on May 2 and I am planning on having her party at Michaels. The room for 2 hours is $50 and you get a person to show the kids how do the craft. You have to pay for the craft and the room can hold up to 18 kids (I think) but she is only going to have 13 and with her that is 14. The craft I am thinking of having them do is $10 and I would need two of them so we would have one for each girl. Then I am going to do my cupcakes that she loves...lol I'll order pizza. I'll have something for each girl. I am not going to go over $200!

For my DD who is not going to be 3 until Dec. It is going to be just family b/c she is not in school yet.

chrarrington18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Quoting Dawne98:

I just got the new TIME OUT NEW YORK KIDS and it was all about party ideas for every budget:)

How many kids?

What are a few things your son likes?

For your DD you can look into Wiggles and Giggles it is up on 180 I think. Also how many kids?

I have a going to be 12 year old on May 2 and I am planning on having her party at Michaels. The room for 2 hours is $50 and you get a person to show the kids how do the craft. You have to pay for the craft and the room can hold up to 18 kids (I think) but she is only going to have 13 and with her that is 14. The craft I am thinking of having them do is $10 and I would need two of them so we would have one for each girl. Then I am going to do my cupcakes that she loves...lol I'll order pizza. I'll have something for each girl. I am not going to go over $200!

For my DD who is not going to be 3 until Dec. It is going to be just family b/c she is not in school yet.

Ok thanks I will go check that out. I really was just looking for a space to rent to decorate on my own. I hate time restrant places...... to me everything seems to be rushed.

nymomof2boys
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Do you know anyone who lives in a condo or co-op for which you could rent the party room or clubhouse?  They are usually pretty reasonable and sometimes just require a deposit for which you get back the money after you clean up the room and make sure that there isn't any damage.

MyLittleMunchie
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I had my dd first birthday here: http://www.thebirthdayzone.com/door/  I believe it was $400 for 50 people.  Each child gets coins to play the games (good when there's older kids), they have a play area for small children & two party hostesses who get the kids dancing, plays dress up & does a craft project with them.  They even have characters if you want to pay a little more (we got Blue).  They provide invitations (free), favor bags (additional cost), pinatas & food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)