• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acne...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

I love NY!! Raised in Rockland county moved to FL in 2003, met DH, gave birth to our DS and moved back to NY ( now in Orange County...don't really love it...lol rather be closer to NYC) Anyhow the point of this post is to ask you ladies if you find that the water or something in NY makes your face breakout?

I always had really nice skin around 22 yo I broke out bad went on accutane (looking back it wasn't that bad enough for accutane but to me it was) moved to NJ face cleared up( just now putting this together) moved to FL started breaking out a little and then it was fine. Now about 6 months after moving back to NY my face is horrible breakouts in places  I have never had a pimple. Changed everything I use...etc. Ok , so 1 year later (now) we go to FL for vacay and my face is completely cleared....WTH!! I mean I'm ecstatic but, obviously something in the water I think msakes me breakout.

Sorry for this long post I am just boggled and now I need to figure out how to keep it clear...

So, anyone deal with this too?

EBF, non-vaxing, co-sleeping, taking everyday as it comes, trying to make healthier choices and loving being a SAH Mommy to our amazing son, Maximilian born 1.15.08.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
keljo05
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I've recently started taking and using wheat germ oil and my skin is now fabulous! I take 3 capsules a day and at night empty one capsule and use it as my nighttime moisturizer.. I can't believe the difference it has made in my skin! Added benefit is that it is cheap, lol

Dawne98
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:01 PM

until now I did not think anything about the water having something to do with my Acne. I too lived in Miami FL for 8 years b4 moving to NYC (south Bronx). I have been living in NYC for 3 years now and I have had real bad Acne too...when I was in FL I got like one or two but not as bad as living in NYC..I'll be in Miami for 8 weeks in the summer and I am going to try to see if I have Bad Acne when I am down....but I have not found anything that works for me YET!

jess227ny
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Quoting Dawne98:

until now I did not think anything about the water having something to do with my Acne. I too lived in Miami FL for 8 years b4 moving to NYC (south Bronx). I have been living in NYC for 3 years now and I have had real bad Acne too...when I was in FL I got like one or two but not as bad as living in NYC..I'll be in Miami for 8 weeks in the summer and I am going to try to see if I have Bad Acne when I am down....but I have not found anything that works for me YET!

OMG...what is it that we are breaking out from? i hate it. I wonder if going to the derm will help maybe she knows something I don't what do you think? Should I bother? I have insurance so it wouldnt cost much.

EBF, non-vaxing, co-sleeping, taking everyday as it comes, trying to make healthier choices and loving being a SAH Mommy to our amazing son, Maximilian born 1.15.08.

jess227ny
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Quoting keljo05:

I've recently started taking and using wheat germ oil and my skin is now fabulous! I take 3 capsules a day and at night empty one capsule and use it as my nighttime moisturizer.. I can't believe the difference it has made in my skin! Added benefit is that it is cheap, lol

Interesting...i will def look into that. thanks ladies for reading and replying!!

nymomof2boys
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I grew up for 27 years in Pittsburgh and have been in NY for the past 13 years - haven't noticed any change in my skin, but I usually only get a few pimples around my period or when I eat too much chocolate!  If in the NYC area, perhaps it's the pollution and air quality and not the water...

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I've dealt with acne more now in my late 20's and thirties than I did when I was a teenager.

I don't know if it's the water or what. But our bodies changes, our hormones fluctuate and such. It could be stress, diet, etc..

I always wash my face with dove for sensitive skin and use oxi clean pads once a day on my face and the difference has been night and day. Oh and I have severely limited my caffeine intake as well.

jess227ny
by Member on Apr. 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Just to update I have not washed with non-filtered water and I don't have 1 pimple!! I'm sooo happy but, i still think it is nuts if all this time it was the damn water that caused it....aaargg!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)