Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We still have some kind people left in this world....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, with this nice weather I am a bad Mom. I am making all 4 of them play outside. Johnny came in a few minutes ago and asked how much longer to dinner. Then said they were going for a walk, Alex and CJ in the wagon. Which is fine.

I get to a point where I figure I can go sit on my porch and read a little of my book, when I see a different car pull into the driveway nextdoor. Then I  hear my kids at the front door (which is locked as I haven't unlocked it yet), and Garrett shouting "no, there isn't time" and Johnny trying to say "the back is open."

I get to the front door, and the boys are goign down off the steps, Garrett is holding Alex. He turns around and Alex has blood pouring out of both nostrils. The people in the car... well the guy is at my porch right behind the kids telling me the baby's bleeding, and the woman with him is on teh sidewalk telling me he's bleeding cell phone in hand.

As the former EMT, with three younger brothers, and now 4 sons... I calmly take Alex from Garrett pull his sweatshirt off, assure everyone that he's ok... hollar a quick thank-you to the couple that stopped (why I'm not 100% sure, but still kind of them). Within 2 minutes his bleeding is stopped and he's all cleaned up.

What happened was, Garrett  didn't fight Alex about sitting vs laying on his stomach in the wagon. They hit one of the nasty bumps on teh sidewalk around the corner Alex bounced and whacked his face on the wagon side/wall. Garrett saw blood, scooped him up and ran him home.... So the 10 yr. old running with a bleeding toddler is probably what caught their attention and led to them turning around (I vaguly saw that car pass as I had turned in the LR to grab my book).

Anyway everyone is ok... and for reasons I don't fully understand Garrett thinks it's all his fault that Alex got "hurt."

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
powow65
by Kim on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM

wow. well in my family.. big & bad injuries ALWAYS happen! my 2nd cousin has two scar's on his head.. (acting dumb is the blame for them)

so yep, i understand. god bless your kids for caring alot!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Aww poor Alex, tell him it's okay. It's not his fault and all is fine. kids will be kids, Nicer weather is here and bumps, bruises, broken bones, stitches all signs of warmer weather.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Aww poor Alex, tell him it's okay. It's not his fault and all is fine. kids will be kids, Nicer weather is here and bumps, bruises, broken bones, stitches all signs of warmer weather.

Alex was so funny... he looked up at me like "why did he run with me." I have a wonderful pediatrician who doesn't question the bruises, scrapes and bumps on my kids (some of the part timers on the other hadn drive me batty).

We are well versed in bumps, bruises etc... John is looking into ordering some dermabond (the glue stuff that is used in place of stitches).

Dawne98
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM

That is so sad that Alex thinks it's his fault....I never felt that way when I my little sister would get hurt...lol

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Quoting Dawne98:

That is so sad that Alex thinks it's his fault....I never felt that way when I my little sister would get hurt...lol

Garrett thinks it's his fault b/c he let Alex lay on his stomach and didn't make him sit like he's suppose to. Garrett is my odd duck, if it had been CJ or Johnny he wouldn't have cared as much.

MargauxG
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM

So thats what I have to look forward to huh!? I have two boys and I keep trying to tell myself "boys will be boys" But I can't really let myself be ok with that! I had terrible stress letting my 3 year old go off and play at the park today!

Good to know that some one would stop and attempt to help your boys, and that everyone is ok!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

a day doesn't go by without blood, bumps or new bruises. We have 4 boys. Only 2 ER vists and 1 urgent care visit in almost 15 yrs. Numerous things that would have had non-medical parents going to one ;) 

Quoting MargauxG:

So thats what I have to look forward to huh!? I have two boys and I keep trying to tell myself "boys will be boys" But I can't really let myself be ok with that! I had terrible stress letting my 3 year old go off and play at the park today!

Good to know that some one would stop and attempt to help your boys, and that everyone is ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)