• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frustrated!

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I got up at 8:00 this morning after not going to bed until 1am. Read my paper, ran the dryer and washer. Unloaed the DW, reloaded it, ran another load of laundry. Went to Church.
Came home, moved laundry around, folded laundry. Told CJ and Garrett to eat lunch and get ready for respective practices. Took CJ to his.... had to call John to let him knwo what time to get CJ, had to call again to have someone get Garrett soccer socks (why listen to Mom?).
John took down the Christmas lights, and started removing one of 6 tree stumps in our backyard.
I took Garrett to practice. Ran to B&N to get a bookmark for an exhange, then sat for over an hour at practice. Came home... NOTHING more was done. The DW is still hooked up. Someone took clean wet clothes out of teh bathtub and put them on the floor (my dryer will not take a full load from my washer, so my bathtub is my holding area). I had to move that around.
Apparently I need to decide on dinner and dessert for his dad and SO. While John sits watching TV....
I know he only gets 3 real days off of work, but where is my Day off???? He slept over an hour later than I Did and only woke up b/c Alex was banging on the big kids door screaming "Garrett let me in?"

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

by on May. 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dawne98
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:28 PM

That's my DH right now has the news on! I ask him all the time what about my DAY OFF!!!!! But I have to say he has been good once a month I get one day with just Tori and he keeps Maddie she is only 2 years old so Tori and I have had two mom and DD day we'll have one on the 15 of May:) I have her go with me b/c I don't have a lot a friends in NYC they are all in Miami. I hope you get a day off soon:)

Jillysmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

((HUGS)), wish I knew you were going to B & N you could have gotten mine too,lol

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 2, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

((HUGS)), wish I knew you were going to B & N you could have gotten mine too,lol

shh... I am close enough where I could stop Tuesday when I go to buy Mother's Day cards at Hallmark :)
I bought 2 total... one at k-Mart a serious one (it has a nice poem on it), and then a fun one at B&N.

Nope, John hasn't done crud to lend me a hand today! PITA, I just cooked dinner, and made cookies (thankfully I had frozen dough, for our dessert tonight with his Dad and SO)

lish2127
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2010 at 12:28 AM

My DH hasn't had a day off in awhile...he's been going nonstop the past couple weeks. Open to close almost every day, inventory, fundraiser book/bake/hotdog sales, VIP visits, etc. Doesn't look like he's taking much time off this week either until the weekend (he is salary...doesn't matter if he works 40hrs or 80...gets paid the same thing every week). He is exhausted...hasn't been much help when he is home either...

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 3, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Quoting lish2127:

My DH hasn't had a day off in awhile...he's been going nonstop the past couple weeks. Open to close almost every day, inventory, fundraiser book/bake/hotdog sales, VIP visits, etc. Doesn't look like he's taking much time off this week either until the weekend (he is salary...doesn't matter if he works 40hrs or 80...gets paid the same thing every week). He is exhausted...hasn't been much help when he is home either...

ugh that is the worst.

puzzled216
by Member on May. 3, 2010 at 8:57 AM

yep. My Day off is going to be this sunday (mother;s day).

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 3, 2010 at 9:26 AM

SO tries to pull that with me...that Sunday is his day off why does he have to do anything?  I told him he could either help and get some nookie or I could do it all by myself and he'd be SOL.  So he helped...and I fell asleep before he got rewarded.  LOL.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 3, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

SO tries to pull that with me...that Sunday is his day off why does he have to do anything?  I told him he could either help and get some nookie or I could do it all by myself and he'd be SOL.  So he helped...and I fell asleep before he got rewarded.  LOL.

lol... I think that is my mistake... I end up just going for the nookie whenever he's home.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)