Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking the "sleeze" out of little girls clothes...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 16 Replies

I can not tell you how overly disgusted I am after shopping today for shorts for my 12 year old.

She wears a size 3 in juniors. It was god aweful trying to find shorts that don't show her ass cheeks.

What I would like to know. Is what Mom would let their daughter wear shorts like that?

Why must they make these clothes for little girls that make them look like prostitutes? I'm sorry if this offends anyonem but: I want the "slut" taken out of little girls clothes.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jillysmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I have the same trouble with my 10 yr old.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM

So far I don't have that problem... but I can't wait to see what my step daughter looks like when she comes up in July.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

I have the same trouble with my 10 yr old.

it's horrible. What a struggle it is to try and find something. I even went into Old navy and I don't like that store. I was desperate.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

So far I don't have that problem... but I can't wait to see what my step daughter looks like when she comes up in July.

I wish my daughter still fit in girls clothes. They have some really cute things and the shorts aren't ass cheek shorts.

tiredgranny521
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I agree completely. I also wish they'd stop making them for older girls also. It is disgusting to see these young ladies prancing around like they are wearing a sign saying- take me. I'm hot and ready. We have worked so hard for women to be taken seriously and they are ingraining our youth with the idea that they have to be hot and sexy and don't need any brains.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Quoting tiredgranny521:

I agree completely. I also wish they'd stop making them for older girls also. It is disgusting to see these young ladies prancing around like they are wearing a sign saying- take me. I'm hot and ready. We have worked so hard for women to be taken seriously and they are ingraining our youth with the idea that they have to be hot and sexy and don't need any brains.

I completely agree with you. To me sexy is showing as least as possible. To me it leaves more for the imagination.  To me sexy is smart. I'm hoping that this trend stops and very soon. It's gross.

harry
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM

i know life is high speed now and we dont have the time we used to but have you considered making your own clothes, i know this is considered old fashion or in some circles poverty but you would have the lenth you want, and the design would some what be your own and you would feel safe knowing that she is properly clothed to your standards, nowadays w/ everything being priced higher than the moon, making own clothes is coming back .

shecallsmemom04
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM

my daughter is 7 and in the little kids it's no different.  i end up spending a small fortune on nice, appropriate clothes.  it's horrible.

will fight for animals

lish2127
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I'm 29 and I wear a juniors size 5...and I have the same problem LOL. I don't want to show off my butt cheeks but I don't want to look like an old lady either. There just isn't much in between.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 25, 2010 at 7:26 AM

Quoting harry:

i know life is high speed now and we dont have the time we used to but have you considered making your own clothes, i know this is considered old fashion or in some circles poverty but you would have the lenth you want, and the design would some what be your own and you would feel safe knowing that she is properly clothed to your standards, nowadays w/ everything being priced higher than the moon, making own clothes is coming back .

Only if I could sew. Maybe I should take some lessons. The effort would be well worth it and making your own clothes I'm sure would be cheaper.

Goodness knows I have time. I took the time and effort to learn how to Crochet. I can do the same for sewing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)