Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls Shorts help

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM
  • 25 Replies

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy girls shorts in slim sizes. Jillian needs a 14 slim (and sometimes still has to use the adjustable waist). She can get into a 8 (girls) but they are too short. I found them one place but they were $20something a pair for shorts. Sorry I don't have that much to spend on something she will wear a few weeks. Any ideas would be great.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I wish you LOTS of luck, because, quite frankly after my hellish day of shopping for shorts for my daughter. I gave up. Try a TJ max or Marshalls.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Oh and Try Justice for girls. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that store.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Old Navy has girls bermuda shorts for $12: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/division.do?cid=6027

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM

If you order online, go to Retailmenot.com, type in Old Navy, and you might come upon some online coupon codes that you can use to get a discount on your order

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I didn't see those in there at all and knowing here she is so picky she wont wear them. UGH. I could have strangled her while shopping today. She is so difficult. I should have just went to Zumies. I'm sure she would have bought a bunch of Volcom t shirts.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I didn't see those in there at all and knowing here she is so picky she wont wear them. UGH. I could have strangled her while shopping today. She is so difficult. I should have just went to Zumies. I'm sure she would have bought a bunch of Volcom t shirts.

I NEVER go to the Old Navy stores.  The ones near me are so messy that I just can't shop.  I find it so much easier to shop online. 

Naiya is into skorts this year so I ordered a bunch of them from The Children's Place.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 24, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

I NEVER go to the Old Navy stores.  The ones near me are so messy that I just can't shop.  I find it so much easier to shop online. 

Naiya is into skorts this year so I ordered a bunch of them from The Children's Place.

Oh I use to love shopping for Jessica at the Childrens Place. She's too big now. I think you might like Justice for Girls. They have some really cute clothes and good deals.

To me Old Navy is a glorified K Mart. It's why I never go there but I was so desperate for shorts that are not....

Jillysmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:44 PM

thanks Liz, I saw slims but not in shorts. This is where I get her uniform pants (only ones that fit). I will go check it out over the weekend.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 24, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Oh I use to love shopping for Jessica at the Childrens Place. She's too big now. I think you might like Justice for Girls. They have some really cute clothes and good deals.

To me Old Navy is a glorified K Mart. It's why I never go there but I was so desperate for shorts that are not....

Isn't Justice expensive? 

I never thought of Old Navy that way...I just thought they were the cheaper version of The Gap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)