Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peer pressure

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Liz
  • 5 Replies

For the past 4.5 years I have avoided Gymboree because of the prices.  It wasn't the type of clothing I would buy for Naiya because she spent most of her time in daycare and I didn't want her ruining the clothing.

We've got a couple of important events coming up so I took a spin through a local store because she loves giraffes and they've got a giraffe print collection.

Here's what I ended up with:

They didn't have shoes in her size but I managed to find them on ebay.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I don't shop there either. I very rarely buy Gymboree at garage sales either....not paying $12 for a used outfit. 

Personally i don't really like the styles...most remind me of stuff my grandmother would've put on me when I was a kid and my mom would've been mad that she put me in them. They do have a few cute lines now and then, and if I was going somewhere special or for pictures I would buy it....but not for every day yikes. The giraffe outfit is cute though!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Quoting lish2127:

I don't shop there either. I very rarely buy Gymboree at garage sales either....not paying $12 for a used outfit. 

Personally i don't really like the styles...most remind me of stuff my grandmother would've put on me when I was a kid and my mom would've been mad that she put me in them. They do have a few cute lines now and then, and if I was going somewhere special or for pictures I would buy it....but not for every day yikes. The giraffe outfit is cute though!

Naiya just loves giraffes and I thought it was cute and since it was on sale...I don't think I'd shop there very often though.  She's too rough & tumble for their stuff.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 25, 2010 at 7:22 AM

I love that dress.

Dawne98
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:57 AM

I love IT!!!!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 25, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I too don't buy too much Gymboree used. I am astounded at the # of people that slap high prices on it b/c of the tag. I have found a few  super cute things when Alex was little that people had the $1 a piece.

A friend of mine works for Gymbo part time. So she grabs my kids an outfit here and there off the markdown rack, but even then I find the markdowns too "high."

That is a cute outfit.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)