Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breaking the habit

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Liz
  • 10 Replies

What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harry
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM

SMOKING , been smoke free for 5 mo now and dont miss it  !!! i am not going to say i dont " jones " for one every now and again but i dont give in , i put them down the day my husband burned the porch off the house w/ one by not putting it out enough , that was enough for me , no gum, no pills, no nothing , did what my daddy did, put them down and that was that .

saltycoqui
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Picking at my finger nails. I used to do that to the point where I had an injury on my finger and had to put bandaids on. That was stopped by the time I got to junior high. I see my daughter doing it sometimes. But since I told her the horror story of when a finger got infected and my mom took me to a doctor who told me that if I didn't stop, my finger could be cut off... she's slowing down now... lol

aubergine
by Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:39 PM

BUMP!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

biting my nails

Jillysmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

wow hard to admit but many years ago I had a problem with some drugs. (I still managed to hold down and job and everything but after my dad died and the bottom fell out of my world I got hooked) Not proud of it at all.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

wow hard to admit but many years ago I had a problem with some drugs. (I still managed to hold down and job and everything but after my dad died and the bottom fell out of my world I got hooked) Not proud of it at all.

but you over came it.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Smoking it has been about six years now. I quit no gum, no pills, no patch. Derek said it was a deal breaker. I can honestly say I havent thought about having a cigarette the smell of smoke actually makes me throw up.

Muzikmom2
by Member on May. 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM

The drug use, no I wouldn't be proud of that either.  But the fact that you quit is really something to be hugely proud of!!!!!

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Jillysmom:

but you over came it.

Muzikmom2 

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on May. 27, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Eating junk food instead of healthy meals......once in awhile i'll nibble on something like a handful of chips and then I feel aweful, I don't mean regret, I mean sick.  Junk makes me gag now, thank goodness.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I used to bite my nails but then I got braces and I had to stop.

I still bite them when my nerves are getting the better of me...it's almost a stress reliever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)