Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh dear...it's really happening.

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Liz
  • 9 Replies

Caps & gowns for the 8th grade were sent home today.

Only 3 more weeks.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 25, 2010 at 7:29 AM

It goes by super fast. Just wait, pretty soon you will be looking into colleges.

Dawne98
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:49 AM

For 5th grade I had to pay for a cap and gown! I was not happy about it. I did not have cap and gown until 12th grade.

I feel like the year is going so fast!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I am so glad that our district doesn't do "random" graduations. Garrett will have a moving up ceremony the last day of school (5th grade to the middle school), but Johnny was thrust into our Jr. High without any ceremony.... lol

lucylou7275
by New Member on May. 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM

We just have the ceremony but no cap and gown - which i think is proper . Its better to have the cap and gown at  actual graduation .

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 25, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I am so glad that our district doesn't do "random" graduations. Garrett will have a moving up ceremony the last day of school (5th grade to the middle school), but Johnny was thrust into our Jr. High without any ceremony.... lol

It's really not random...he's in catholic school that is pre-k through 8th so he's been there his entire school career. 

I have no idea how the public schools around here operate.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 25, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

It's really not random...he's in catholic school that is pre-k through 8th so he's been there his entire school career. 

That's right..... you have a normal school set-up. We go k-5, then 6/7, 8/9 and our High is 10-12. It makes more sense in your case, but we have a couple of districts around us that do "graduations" for each grade.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 25, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

That's right..... you have a normal school set-up. We go k-5, then 6/7, 8/9 and our High is 10-12. It makes more sense in your case, but we have a couple of districts around us that do "graduations" for each grade.

Wow!  I know the public schools here are elementary (K-5), Jr High (6-8), and high school (9-12).  I couldn't imagine having the kids attend that many schools!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 25, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Wow!  I know the public schools here are elementary (K-5), Jr High (6-8), and high school (9-12).  I couldn't imagine having the kids attend that many schools!

It is 1 more than you attend.... they have looked into acjusting it so that they only have 3 schools... no one seems to like the idea of turning the JR. High and middle schools into a "Jr. High of 6-9" each.. and dividing the district into 2 buildings.

Right now all 5 of our elementaries (and anyone who opts to in the district from the Catholic School) meld together in our middle school at 6th grade.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

shadowsgrl09
by Member on May. 25, 2010 at 12:47 PM

We go to elementary k-4 middle from 5-8 have a moving up ceremony in 8th grade and then high school 9-12 then have a graduation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)