• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

...and about my necklace....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

So Carly-Ann had what looked like an infected bug bite on her leg the other day (hot to the touch, painful, swollen, bruised/red, etc). While we were at the peds office waiting, she was looking at my journey pendant from John. As always she asks me why all the stones (man I wish I could remember her word for them)... so I am telling her that the necklace shows how Mine and Uncle John's love for eachother has grown... when we met, got married, had Johnny, Garrett, CJ and Alex. What does she say? "What about when you had me?"

So here I am at the peds. office trying to explain to her that I didn't have her, her Mommy did.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Poor baby.  She sees you as her mommy even though she doesn't call you mommy.  I told you once before...she knows EXACTLY who the person is that loves her every day and provides for her.  She may not be able to put it into words but she knows.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Awww, I agree with Liz.

Jillysmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

ditto.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 26, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Poor baby. That is so heart breaking to read. How do you answer a question like that other than to reassure her that you love her like she is one of your own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)