Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughters School Just about gave me a heart attack...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

They called to ask me why my daughter was absent today. I said no she's not. She was sent to school. The woman said she was marked absent in her first and second period class. I said  find her and call me back right away. She said she's going to put me on hold. While she did she located my daughter who was in class.

Talk about having the wind knocked out of you and having your heart hammering in your chest. Incompetence!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shawnalovesdon0
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

That happened to my mom before. They called my mom asking why I wasnt in school. My mom sent me to school but they couldnt find me anywheres. It was testing day and they sent me to the wrong class so it took over an hr to find me. My mom was livid and showed up at the school and then they found me lol

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Quoting shawnalovesdon0:

That happened to my mom before. They called my mom asking why I wasnt in school. My mom sent me to school but they couldnt find me anywheres. It was testing day and they sent me to the wrong class so it took over an hr to find me. My mom was livid and showed up at the school and then they found me lol

UGH, Your poor Mom. I don't ever want to have that feeling again.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Damn...why didn't they wait a little longer to call?! 

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:42 AM

ugh I would have completely pissed, how do two different teachers say she is absent when she's in class????

I'm getting closer and closer to the homeschooling, just bought a summer learning workbook for my son and if that goes well I may just pull him

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Damn...why didn't they wait a little longer to call?! 

I wish they would have. I was about ready to have a panic attack.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

ugh I would have completely pissed, how do two different teachers say she is absent when she's in class????

I'm getting closer and closer to the homeschooling, just bought a summer learning workbook for my son and if that goes well I may just pull him

I thought about getting pissed. But relief took over and I'm just ever so grateful she was in school.

Dawne98
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I would have been just like you too...but NYC schools don't call until the end of day to say your kid was not at school and it is a computer that calls not a person.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Quoting Dawne98:

I would have been just like you too...but NYC schools don't call until the end of day to say your kid was not at school and it is a computer that calls not a person.

I don't know if it's all private schools but , in Nathanael's school,  kids must be in their seats by 8:15...anything after that is considered late.  Attendance is sent down to the office at 8:30 and compared to the absent calls received that day.  You can expect a call by 9:00 if you haven't called your kid in as absent.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

That happened once with Johnny, the teacher accidently grabbed the wrong card.

Ours is an automated call now through Connect Ed, telling us that we need to call and report our childs absence. Which can happend between 9 and 10 depending on the school (9 for teh upper schools, 10 for the elem).

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM

That happened to us once. When the student is late a parent has to sign them in. Hannah was late Derek did not sign her in. They called me and I told Pam the lady who works in the office that her dadf took her this morning then I called Derek and he said yeah we woke up late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)