Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

good bye pureed baby food

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello finger foods. Lily will no longer eat her baby food, Last night we had chicken grilled potatoes, and cottage cheese. This morning she had banana pears and peaches cut up in tiny pieces with a quarter piece of toast with a little bit of butter. I tried getting her to eat baby oatmeal but she refused. Where did my baby go

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aubergine
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM

This happened to my kid, too, but it turned out it was just a phase. Now he's 15 months and won't eat any cut up fruit pieces - only the jars! Any ideas how I can get him to eat more finger food?

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Nadir is still eating stage 2 baby food.  He doesn't really like it all that much though.

Dawne98
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM

How old is she now? That is great I loved it when Maddie wanted to eat real food and not baby food..lol

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Alex wanted what he saw the boys with. I could usually get 1 meal of baby food into him as long as no one else was eating at the same time.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Alex wanted what he saw the boys with. I could usually get 1 meal of baby food into him as long as no one else was eating at the same time.

Nadir likes the Gerber cereals that come mixed with fruit and he likes the sweet potatoes.  Everything else is a hassle to get him to eat.  I may just start pureeing our food and seeing if he likes that better.

He also likes the Yobaby yogurt meals.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Katelyn want to taste everything we eat, she can't go for finger foods yet, but she's eaten tiny bits of pineapple, cucumbers, mashed potatoes, ice cream and pudding.  I will try the stage 3 foods soon and then those mesh feeders with fruit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)