• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last night sucked

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:35 AM
  • 16 Replies

Last night sucked for me but Jason had a good time. I get to his job and ask the receptionist to get him, he comes out and I tell him I am taking him out to a surprise dinner.  And he tells me to sit in the lobby. When i asked why he said he didnt want his co workers to see me. He is always telling me about all these great nice restaurants he takes work clients to so I decided to let him pick the restaurant and he decides he wants to go to Bugaboo Creek Steak House (I am a vegetarian) for dinner (there is a talking moose head on the wall... apparently this screams romantic dinner for two to Jason), then after that we get in the car and he says "I want to go and either walk around the mall or best buy" (yep so glad I wasted 4 hours shopping for a dress and getting ready plus another two hours getting the kids clean and packed for an overnight at grandmas and the hour drive to his job) and at the mall he spends the entire time talking to some lady about martial arts because she looked bored while I stood there bored out of my mind. And when we got home it was right to the tv for him. NEVER wasting my time planning out a surprise night again.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:04 AM

I'm sorry it didn't go well. 

Jillysmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM

OK, WHAT is up with MEN lately. I'm so sorry your had a bad night. Can you talk to him??

chrarrington18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Im sorry...... but what you did was very thoughtful even if he didnt appreciate it.

chrarrington18
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I am wondering why would he do this....is this something that he normally has you do when you come to his job?

Quoting JoGibson:

Last night sucked for me but Jason had a good time. I get to his job and ask the receptionist to get him, he comes out and I tell him I am taking him out to a surprise dinner.  And he tells me to sit in the lobby. When i asked why he said he didnt want his co workers to see me. He is always telling me about all these great nice restaurants he takes work clients to so I decided to let him pick the restaurant and he decides he wants to go to Bugaboo Creek Steak House (I am a vegetarian) for dinner (there is a talking moose head on the wall... apparently this screams romantic dinner for two to Jason), then after that we get in the car and he says "I want to go and either walk around the mall or best buy" (yep so glad I wasted 4 hours shopping for a dress and getting ready plus another two hours getting the kids clean and packed for an overnight at grandmas and the hour drive to his job) and at the mall he spends the entire time talking to some lady about martial arts because she looked bored while I stood there bored out of my mind. And when we got home it was right to the tv for him. NEVER wasting my time planning out a surprise night again.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I am sorry.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, hun.

Dawne98
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM

I am sorry :(

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Umm, hell no! That would be the very last time!

LadySaphira
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Wow.....

remaining_me
by Kay on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:27 PM

my thoughts exactly sryy to hear it hun.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Wow.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)