• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shutter Island

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone see it?  What did you think?  I thought it was really good and it didn't hurt that one of my favorite hotties, Leonardo Dicaprio was the star.  I think he' like George Clooney - he just keeps getting hotter the older he gets!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
poshkat
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM

i love leonardo dicaprio, have since he was on growing pains, and i think you are right he is getting better with age, but i hated shutter island. i couldnt get through the whole movie and turned it off in the middle. i hope inception is better

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Haven't seen it.  I THINK I've seen the commercials for it.

keljo05
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM

didn't see it but read the book. The book was excellent

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Quoting poshkat:

i love leonardo dicaprio, have since he was on growing pains, and i think you are right he is getting better with age, but i hated shutter island. i couldnt get through the whole movie and turned it off in the middle. i hope inception is better

who did he play on growing pains? I remember Kirk Cameron as the son, the guy who later played Chandler as the sister's BF.... but I don't remember Leonardo.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

poshkat
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting poshkat:

who did he play on growing pains? I remember Kirk Cameron as the son, the guy who later played Chandler as the sister's BF.... but I don't remember Leonardo.

he played luke the homeless kid that kirk cameron conviences his parents to foster.

sexy......even in a dress

Peachie87
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM

...........Leo played a friend of Kirk's....his character was a bit younger then "Mike Seaver" but I can't remember the circumstances around his background on the show.  He only appeared a handful of times.

Now -- as far as "Shutter Island".  We JUST saw it as a Netflix selection.  I am a huge fan of Leo and loved him in "The Beach" , "Three Musketeers" , "Catch Me If you Can", "Titanic"......but this one didn't do much for me.  To "dark" and creepy - although it held my attention.  It was a wonderful cast (love Marc Ruffalo) but this is not a movie I would watch a second time.  But in the end -- Leonardo DiCaprio is a wonderful actor and hopefully will continue to make films for a long time to come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)