Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Weekend

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

I know.  It's not even Monday yet and I'm already thinking about the weekend.  LOL

What are your plans for the 4th of July weekend this year?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Who knows?  I really hoped that we'd have possession of our new house by then but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  The current owners have some paperwork to file before we can close.

keljo05
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Who knows?  I really hoped that we'd have possession of our new house by then but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  The current owners have some paperwork to file before we can close.

thats so annoying. Can your atty put pressure on them to get it done? My boss just sold her home and the buyers made all sorts of last minute demands she had to meet. I owuld hope that paperwork filing is more importatnt and that they'd get it done.

i don't know what we;re doing yet. My SIL (my side) wants us to get together with her and my 2 nieces.. but the older one (17) is only avialable in the morning.

CafeMom Tickers

some stories from our life: http://thesecretlifeofducks.blogspot.com

my other passion in life: Live Well with RawFoods

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM

We have to family BBQ's to go to and then just fixing the bathroom and kitchen....and packing for moving on August 1st.....lots to do.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Quoting keljo05:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

thats so annoying. Can your atty put pressure on them to get it done? My boss just sold her home and the buyers made all sorts of last minute demands she had to meet. I owuld hope that paperwork filing is more importatnt and that they'd get it done.

i don't know what we;re doing yet. My SIL (my side) wants us to get together with her and my 2 nieces.. but the older one (17) is only avialable in the morning.

They need to get one or two certificates of occupancy.  One for the basement and one for the garage.  If they don't get one for the garage, they have to convert it back to a full garage.  I really just want to move!

Peachie87
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:30 AM

DEFINITELY yard sales are on the agenda for us.  This will be a big weekend for "diehards" like us.  If the weather is nice -- we'll barbecue with friends and just kick back.  Youngest daughter may come home for a visit but we're still waiting on that.  Oldest daughter and her family will be going to friends for party and fireworks later. 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:43 AM

For the first time in a great many years we actually have NO idea what we are doing.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

going camping, BBQing, and watching fireworks...the typical 4th of july weekend

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM

I have not seen a single garage sale ad for this weekend.

Friday is John's overnight, so I have no plans then. The kids do have early dentist appointments for 6 month cleanings.

Saturday our happy little community is doing it's fireworks, which we will watch from the front yard.

Monday we will drive to Sylvan Beach EARLY to try and see their display.

A friend of mine wants me to go down to her house during the weekend, so that her family can celebrate her Birthday (it was the 26th) with mine. We couldn't go last weekend b/c an Aunt of hers in on Chemo, and my kids all had colds.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:17 PM

We're taking the kids to Emerson Park in Auburn on the 3rd to see the fireworks.  My whole family and several friends get together every year.  I even bought glow sticks at Target so we don't get "raped" on the cost of buying them from vendors at the park.

MargauxG
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM

NOTHING! I really don't want to go to the parade or do much of anything! I'll be 38 weeks 6 days pregnant sunday and I'm just to huge for going to the parade in the heat and sitting in an uncomfortable chair! We will probably do a BBQ with my parents at least though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)