Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks like it's going to be another hot week in the NYC area

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Liz
  • 11 Replies

Was it this hot last summer? I can't remember.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Yeah it's 88 last I checked here in Buffalo......I'm trying to pack things up as best I can in here, I'm also demo'ing the bathroom this week.  Right now i'm taking a quick break

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Yeah it's 88 last I checked here in Buffalo......I'm trying to pack things up as best I can in here, I'm also demo'ing the bathroom this week.  Right now i'm taking a quick break

I try to keep the car in the shade but it's not always possible especially when trying to find parking for alternate side.  Right now the car is baking in the sun...but it's on the right side of the street. LOL.  Good thing I don't need to move it until tomorrow for Wednesday alternate side.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM

It was not this hot last year, but it felt like it to me.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

It was not this hot last year, but it felt like it to me.

Pregnancy will do that to a person.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM

No, not in the WNY area. We had such a LOUSY summer last year. NYC area can keep the heat! I don't like it.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

No, not in the WNY area. We had such a LOUSY summer last year. NYC area can keep the heat! I don't like it.

It's ridiculous.  I don't even bother doing my hair because the air is so thick with humidity.  Bleh.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

It's ridiculous.  I don't even bother doing my hair because the air is so thick with humidity.  Bleh.

Same here, why waste the time? Pony tails galore so far this summer.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I can finaly fit my hair back into a tiny pony tail....now I can wear my Toni Bratton hair clips

harry
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:29 PM

low to mid 80s i can handle, anything beyond that- no !

saltycoqui
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I don't think that we had this many heat waves last summer. The humidity is the worst.

I think the heat got to my cable, tv and internet connection. I know digital is not all its cracked up to be but my poor laptop doesn't like the heat! We only have an AC in a one bedroom and it's gets crowded in there on these hot weekends but we manage.

And does anyone else think that there are some places where the trees look like they are ready for autumn? We need a bit of rain but not a bunch of thunder storms that could pass for tornadoes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)