Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat dilemma solved

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Liz
  • 8 Replies

Not sure if you remember but a while back I was having a car seat dilemma. Nadir has outgrown the infant car seat and our car really didn't offer enough room to have two full car seats and allow a third person (tight) in the backseat. 

After some research, I realized that I can rear face the True Fit that Naiya was using by removing the headrest.  I have ordered her a high back Graco booster seat so there should be more wiggle room in the middle than there was with the infant car seat and the True Fit.

Yay!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Cool beans, We have to get a convertible car seat soon, the infant one with the travel system is getting close to not fitting her properly

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM

yay. Luckily we dont have to deal with that.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Cool beans, We have to get a convertible car seat soon, the infant one with the travel system is getting close to not fitting her properly

He's passed the weight limit and carrying him around in the infant seat was just painful on my back.  It'll be a PITA to get him in and out of the True Fit because our car is a small two door but that's ok.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

yay. Luckily we dont have to deal with that.

The only person inconvenienced is Nathanael because he's the one who has to squeeze in the middle.  I'm hoping that the combination of the two booster seats allows him a little more room.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I can't imagine having two children in a car seat. Mine were six years apart and booster seats were not around when my oldest finally moved out of the car seat.

I'm glad your problem is solved.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM

My kids were both in the infant carrier the full first year and then some b/c they never hit 20 lbs until later on...little shrimps. I have a jeep and we can just barely fit two car seats and a booster seat for the kid I babysit. I struggle everytime to get the seat belt buckled for the booster seat and I even scraped my wrist doing it today. I need a van...but don't really want to drive one.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 14, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Did you fit her in a booster to make sure it will fit her right?

Lish, I understand. We had a jeep when Johnny and Garrett were little. Thankfully it was old enough where we had no airbags, so on the rare ocassions we had 3 car seats a child went up front, and I stuffed myself between car seats.

I got rid of my van... with 2 car/booster seats in the 3rd row, you had to wonder why GM called the 3rd row a 3 passenger.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

Dawne98
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM
I love the Graco I got for Maddie...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)