Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waah Update

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

Lily turns one on Friday. It is just not fair. We are going to be in Vermont on her birthday. My brothers getting married on Saturday, Oh no I have nothing to wear to it. My niece maddie is here with us all week. I was supposed to have her two year old brother but he's with my sister. We are leaving Thursday and yeah my niece is riding with us and she says she is staying at the hotel with us and not her mom. I still need to figure out how Im going to make Lilys cake I bought a number one cake pan and a mini wonder cake pan.

oh Nice Hannah has a birthday party to go on wednesday. out of town not too far away. Only about 45 minutes to get there. I know the girl's mom she's my co-leader for girl scouts and in five weeks I will be watching her son Khaiden full time. If they weren't such good friends I would decline the invite.

When is my wedding

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Aww a big Happy Birthday to Lily! Maybe the hotel can work something out with you, as far as the cake goes?

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Awww, too fast!

mareksmama
by Tracy on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Can you do her b'day celebration the following week?

powow65
by Kim on Aug. 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM

i did not know there there WAS a cake pan thats the shape of a #one. super cool.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Her birthday party for my friends and Lilys friends is the following week, But that week we have doctors appointments, vet appointments, unpacking and cleaning.Drop in daycare kids. The party is here at home. I'm not the best at decorating cakes icicng them sure but actual fancy decorating no way. We need to do major yard work again. The darn dog loves to dig in the dirt. I talked to my mom this morning and we decided to just get a cake from the local gracery store and hope its good. I have a test cake in the oven. Maybe I will post pictures later of the test cake.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Oh and I just realized my one year anniversary is the same weekend as Lilys Birthday party at home. got any ideas for that ?

elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Sounds like a lot all at once.  Hang in there.

danskelady
by Member on Aug. 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Could you bake it, and pack it unfrosted.  And bring some frosting along, and some of those sugary decorations to put on it and candles.  That way at least you will have made it.   Brings back the memory of my firsts first birthday.  My sister in law showed up with a cake for her.  I was devatated.  I said I wanted to bake her first cake.  She had 5 kids, she should have known better. 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Quoting danskelady:

Could you bake it, and pack it unfrosted.  And bring some frosting along, and some of those sugary decorations to put on it and candles.  That way at least you will have made it.   Brings back the memory of my firsts first birthday.  My sister in law showed up with a cake for her.  I was devatated.  I said I wanted to bake her first cake.  She had 5 kids, she should have known better. 

I would have mad too. I'm not sure I would trust a cake decorated or not with two kids in the back seat of the car nnot to mention all of the stuff we have to pack. My mom, sisters, and one brother said they too will be at Lilys birthday party here. i wanted a cake for her on her birthday so i guess its not that big of deal to just buy one.

Dawne98
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM

one years old:) I did not do a big 1st b-day for my now 2 year old and she did not have a big one for her 2nd....so don't worry she'll be alright and it is not like your not going to do something for her next week.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)