Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laptops

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

Does anyone have any recommendation laptops in the $600 range??? This one is so close to crashing for good and the keyboard is sticking too bad.

Yep if you've seen a lot of typos from me it's not me....i swear, hehehe, it's this darn laptop, I typicaly ave to go back and fix it as it skips sometimes 5 letters i've typed or didn't use the space bar and I can't take it no more....we are goin' laptop shoppin'

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM

We have an Asus...I had never heard of it but the guys at Best Buy recommended it out of all the ones in our price range.

Dawne98
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I too need to get a laptop....my computer is going to die anytime now...lol

myloves2
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Well my laptop I have now was only $199 on amazon and it works perfect

Dawne98
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Quoting myloves2:

Well my laptop I have now was only $199 on amazon and it works perfect

what kind of laptop is it? I would love to get one for that much!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I stayed away from HP and Dell. I bought a Toshiba Laptop and I am very happy with it. I paid a bit more than 600 dollars, but IMO it was well worth it.

I am not happy with anything that is an HP product.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Yeah I have a Dell PC right now, my ex paid $1200 for it, and it's junk now, it won't open IE and the only way to get online is thru AOL which freezes and boots me out about 5 times an hour.  I only still have it for the music on it.....we plan on getting a lapto to replace the toshiba laptop we have now that's dying (Matt got it used years ago so it's had a good life) and then get another to replace the PC.

remaining_me
by Kay on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I cant give u any particular model but i really like Acers so you can check that brand.

connietrrll
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I bought the one I am using at Walmart for $399. It is a Toshiba. It is nothing fancy,  but it works well for me.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Quoting connietrrll:

I bought the one I am using at Walmart for $399. It is a Toshiba. It is nothing fancy,  but it works well for me.

What kind of Toshiba did you get? I got the Toshiba Satellite series..the 500 I think it is. I paid 800 for it at Best Buy.

powow65
by Kim on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM

man, every one is talking about laptops!!! *whimper's*  if only i had the dam money to afford a nice laptop to play (yes ladies & mom's i LOVE this game... you can call me nerdy if you want but i am still going to like this game! it's called "World Of Warcraft" or aka WOW.)  & a laptop would be AWESOME to have soon. 

but a laptop can wait i guess, im still pondering with the house! (I HATE NATIONAL GREED!!!!) i rather just get the 10k or the 2k & work with it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)