Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurricane?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

OK I am going back to NYC tomorrow and does anyone know what they are saying about the Hurricane? Down in FL they just show it going by but in the cone of uncertainty....so I was just wondering what if anything is being said...thanks:)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Right now it's the same news here. It could go anyway, depending on winds and weather. So it's in the cone of uncertainty.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I know they are saying it could make landfall in NC on Thursday, so even if it effects NYC you'll be save and sound and long off the plane by then.  I know for us in Buffalo they are saying we won't get any of the rain from it, but a cold front will be bringing rain on Friday from another storm system. 

Vegetarianmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:15 PM
I'm not living in buffalo now, but originally from there and will be taking a trip this weekend. Is it going to be crap for labor day as well?

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I know they are saying it could make landfall in NC on Thursday, so even if it effects NYC you'll be save and sound and long off the plane by then.  I know for us in Buffalo they are saying we won't get any of the rain from it, but a cold front will be bringing rain on Friday from another storm system. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Nope, Friday and possibly Saturday has a chance for some rain but Sunday and Monday look good....and thank god COOLER.  Sat's high is only 66, Sun and Mon in the low 70's.  So, perfect for parades and picnics.  We'll be in Clarence Center for the fair there

remaining_me
by Kay on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 PM

oh i just saw the weekend but i thought we would be feeling the effects by thrusday. hmm maybe my info is off.

Dawne98
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Quoting remaining_me:

oh i just saw the weekend but i thought we would be feeling the effects by thrusday. hmm maybe my info is off.

on the news in Miami it is showing maybe by Sat/Sun that it is going to be going by NYC....

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Buffalo has had one hell of a beautiful summer...minus the violence of course.  I too am looking forward to the cooler temps. I like cold, fall and snow :)

Quoting Vegetarianmama:

I'm not living in buffalo now, but originally from there and will be taking a trip this weekend. Is it going to be crap for labor day as well?

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:56 AM

I am bad, I haven't been paying attention. I know I have friends flying into Orlando this weekend to visit the mouse, so we've been watching to see how it affects them.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

powow65
by Kim on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM

yeah, my cousin texted me yesterday about how there's a hurricane. (she doesnt text me often... idk why?!)  but when she does (i forgot wtf i texted like a couple days ago!!)  LOL

yeah dawn, i'll check on the weather channel. i too worry when there's a hurricane b/c of my family in FL. i too care for my family as well.

powow65
by Kim on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I am bad, I haven't been paying attention. I know I have friends flying into Orlando this weekend to visit the mouse, so we've been watching to see how it affects them.

i havent seen the news in months! so i only check the weather up here on my cell-phone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)