Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's offical....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

Nick has his first car. It is a POS, but he's so excited. He will put it on the road sometime next week. It's a 94 Bucik Lesabre with a 104,000 miles on it.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawne98
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:41 PM

you need to be excited TOO you don't have to give him your car...lol

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 PM

LOL well a car is a car....just tell him your gal pal Melissa is 32 and doesn't even have her license, my 16 year old permit finally expired, lol.

tiredgranny521
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Did he buy it himself?

powow65
by Kim on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

LOL well a car is a car....just tell him your gal pal Melissa is 32 and doesn't even have her license, my 16 year old permit finally expired, lol.

*hugs@ mom2jack04* im on the same boat. i never learned how to drive let alone have my license!! & im about to be 24 THIS 5TH OF SEPTEMBER!! lol!!

LMAO!! congrats@ butterfly. i bet your very pleased that he now can not ever annoy with "can i borrow your car, MOM?!!"  LOL!!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM

and the first major life lesson: if you own a car or a house, you will never have money.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Quoting tiredgranny521:

Did he buy it himself?

No! It was given to him by my brother. However before he puts it on the road he has work to do to it before it's driveable. So the money he had saved for the car is now being spent on the car. He will insure it himself and pay for the parts. Hubby and him will work on it together.

I kept throwing it back and forth. Should I or shouldn't I allow him to get the car for free. My head was screaming no, he has to pay for it. But with it needing new tires, brakes, a brake light, more than likely a brake line or two, plugs and wires a belt and fuel filter. I decided against him paying for it. By the time he buys all that stuff for the car....IMO he paid for it.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Quoting Dawne98:

you need to be excited TOO you don't have to give him your car...lol

I am excited, but also nervous. Owning a car is a huge responsibility. It's also a whole new set or worries!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Quoting powow65:

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

*hugs@ mom2jack04* im on the same boat. i never learned how to drive let alone have my license!! & im about to be 24 THIS 5TH OF SEPTEMBER!! lol!!

LMAO!! congrats@ butterfly. i bet your very pleased that he now can not ever annoy with "can i borrow your car, MOM?!!"  LOL!!

I never let him borow my car. I let him use it for work and that is it He also had to throw 20 dollars in my gas tank every week. He didn't need my car to go hang with his friends. He could walk or ride a bike to do that.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

and the first major life lesson: if you own a car or a house, you will never have money.

He will still be saving money for a better car. This one I don't think will last him too long. It's old and my brother pretty much beat it up and didn't take care of it to well.

tiredgranny521
by Silver Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:22 AM

He is definitely learning a life lesson. NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE.

I'm sure he will live up to the responsibility involved here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)