Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! New mom member!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello!

I just found this site and thought I'd check it out.  My son joined the Marines in January and completed bootcamp in April, then infantry school in July.  He is with infantry and in Reserves currently....I so thankful he's home right now and looking at going back to college.  It's difficult for him though living the military/civilian split lifestyles.  He knows eventually he'll be deployed and is "ready".  I will always be here to support him with my head up, but how does one prepare themselves for that when the time comes???  I pray for all the troops and their families everyday.

Thanks for letting me share!  :)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Hi!  Welcome!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

welcome

pipibooboo
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 PM

hi there,

elwalters77
by Erica on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

welcome to cafemom  You're gonna love it here!

pipibooboo
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM
Thanks elwalters77! I already do :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 29, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Hi and welcome to the group. We are glad to have you.

As far as your son goes, Mama, I don't know how you do it. I'm glad he's home with you now =)

I believe there are groups here on CafeMom that are for Moms with children serving. You may want to try and look for those. I'm sure they would be a wonderful support group and would know how you feel.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Welcome!!!

WheelerMom0311
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies and support !  :)  I feel kinda dumb because I initially joined the webite to sign up for the military mom club!  But, if you will still have me, I'd love to stay in the NY Moms club, too!  :) 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Quoting WheelerMom0311:

Thanks for all the replies and support !  :)  I feel kinda dumb because I initially joined the webite to sign up for the military mom club!  But, if you will still have me, I'd love to stay in the NY Moms club, too!  :) 

Of course you can stay in teh NY moms too!

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and it's a dog."

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Oct. 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Quoting WheelerMom0311:

Of course we would love to have you. I hope my first reply didn't come off sounding like I didn't. I just thought that other military Moms could offer you some much better advice than I ever could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)