Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOL a poorly done check scam

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

So today in the mail Matthew receives a letter with no return address on the envelope.  You open it and it's a check for $965.59 from Chase bank with an attached letter saying this is the first payment of a $10,000 grant and all you have to do is get a green dot card for the 4.01% commission (for them getting him the grant) of the $965.59 and to fax the green dot card number to TWO different fax machines because and I quote "we are in the process of changing offices"

The funniest part of this pathetic scam, the check is a CASHIER'S CHECK

However they spelled it "CHAHIER'S CHECK"

Uh-huh yeah I'll get right on it....oops it just fell in the fireplace, darn it.....

rolling on floor

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Crazy, it didn't have a name on it at all? DH is always telling me about scams he encounters at work. Idk how many times he's had to discourage people from sending western unions for what is clearly a scam. Sometimes people are thankful and don't send it, sometimes they insist and won't take his warning. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Damn, they're not even slick.

tiredgranny521
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Guess they forgot to use spell check. Unfortunately, someone is gullible enough to go for it. I got one telling me I won a foreign lottery- yeah rght. They even wanted me to send them my bank info to direct deposit it!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Quoting tiredgranny521:

Guess they forgot to use spell check. Unfortunately, someone is gullible enough to go for it. I got one telling me I won a foreign lottery- yeah rght. They even wanted me to send them my bank info to direct deposit it!

I won a free cruise! All I had to do was call this 800 number and pay the taxes! BA HA HA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)