Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SPECIAL K DIET? Or silly QUICK DIET? Ever done it?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 9 Replies

Whenever I have wanted to lose weight in the past I've done weight watchers.
I'm not big, only 5' tall. I go to the gym 4x's per week for spinning, body pump class or cardio arc or just the stairmaster. I eat healthy. I am between a size 6-8.
We are going on vacation in 4 weeks and I have about 5-7lbs I want to shed (since i am 5', I have no where to hide these 5-7 lbs...)... but the gym doesnt seem to be working since it is part of my routine... I know, I am eating portions that are too big..LOL...BUT

has anyone ever done one of those silly diets like special K or soup or ??? to shed a few extra little lbs before something "big"?

What do you do?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM

BUMP!

elwalters77
by Erica on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM
I did the Subway Diet before my wedding and lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks. Then I went on my all inclusive honeymoon and gained it all back. LOL
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Quoting elwalters77:

I did the Subway Diet before my wedding and lost 10 lbs in about 6 weeks. Then I went on my all inclusive honeymoon and gained it all back. LOL

LOL... that is why you lose it in the first place. I plan on eating my way thru Disney world..LOL.. I dont care what I weigh when I get back...LOL.. just want good pictures and smaller butt to sit by pool with. LOL..

elwalters77
by Erica on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting elwalters77:

LOL... that is why you lose it in the first place. I plan on eating my way thru Disney world..LOL.. I dont care what I weigh when I get back...LOL.. just want good pictures and smaller butt to sit by pool with. LOL..

Oh yeah! You've got to indulge on va-cay!

Jillysmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Doing Weight watchers, so sorry no help here.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I just eat healthy, cut the crap, buy organic as much as possible.  For short term like that Special K would be fine.  You could even get one of those wraps that designed to shed excess water weight quickly.

gina6239
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I tried Special K and I hated it. I got so sick of eating their crap after about 2 days and it really did not work well. I guess if it's only 5 lbs it wouldn't be too bad, but I was trying to lose more than that. I stick to Weight Watchers, which I am doing now. I have lost 30 lbs. since Thanksgiving.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I just eat healthy, cut the crap, buy organic as much as possible.  For short term like that Special K would be fine.  You could even get one of those wraps that designed to shed excess water weight quickly.

those wraps?

I really do eat healthy... from all those years of WW and just wanting to stay in my clothes. LOL
I know what 1 cup of cereal is. I add banana 1/2. I eat the other half about mid morning. I have lunch of sushi or salad or maybe 1/2 Whole Wheat bagel or wrap with 2 slices of baked turkey 1 cheese and drink tons of water. I eat fish 3 nights a week, mixed with steak or chicken... and I really do know it is the portion control at night that I have issue with... but at night I am usually SOOOO HUNGRY that I'd rather eat a little more healthy dinner then at 8pm be looking for dessert....right???

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:00 AM

They have body wraps that they wrap you up in to shed anbd sweat out excess water weight

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)