Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler Beds

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

At what age did you move your child from the crib to a toddler bed? Avery will be 2 next week (I know, can you believe it?) and he's still in his crib and I'm still very happy with him being there. Corbin was in a toddler bed a few months before he turned 2, but he was more of a content to sit kind of kid where Avery is a get into everything, and I mean EVERYTHING kind of kid. I just think he's safer in his crib until he starts trying to climb out of it.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Nathanael and Naiya stayed in their cribs till they were about 3.  Nathanael moved over to a regular bed and Naiya's bed converted to a toddler/daybed.

Nadir's crib is not a standard sized one so he'll outgrow it sooner than 3.  I've got the toddler bed set up but I'm not ready to move him just yet.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Lily is already out of her crib. She is in a regular bed.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Sam was about 3 maybe just before 3.5 when we moved him out-- he too was quite content in the crib--- and  "if it aint broke, I dont fix it!" LOL.  I was NOT looking forward to him being able to get out of his bed on his own...but it went JUST fine...LOL.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM

DS was an odd ball. He pretty much coslept and was never in a crib. Then at 2 he started sleeping in his own bed (not toddler bed) but it was in our room. I was back and forth between beds. By 3 he moved into his own room and that was that.

DD also coslept and no crib. She started sleeping in her own big bed/room at 21 months. It's still a challenge though at almost 2.5.

Jillysmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:35 PM

All mine were 2ish. However my thoughts are keep them in as long as you can.

My dd wanted to take my grandson out a few weeks back and I told her NO WAY, it was only a year old and just started walking,Why would you.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I'll keep Katelyn in hers as long as possible, and I don't know if i'll convert it into a toddler bed or just go straight to a twin on the floor.  But I will keep her in it untill she can get up and down stairs.  I'd hate for her to crawl out of bed and fall down the stairs

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I'll keep Katelyn in hers as long as possible, and I don't know if i'll convert it into a toddler bed or just go straight to a twin on the floor.  But I will keep her in it untill she can get up and down stairs.  I'd hate for her to crawl out of bed and fall down the stairs

We have a baby gate right at the top of the stairs b/c DD's room is right next to the stairs. Even now when she's old enough to go up and down without a problem I don't like the idea of it when she first wakes up.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Yeah we have one baby gate, but I always get up earlier and I know i'll trip over the darn thing when it's 6am and pitch dark outside and i'm still half asleep.  LOL

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:19 PM

John was almost 2. He was moved only because my FIL bought him a race car bed for his 2nd Birthday (toddler size, and that thing took up a TON of space).

Garrett was 17 months when he moved to the bottom bunk of the loft. He was already climbing out of his crib.

CJ was almost 3 and it was only because the ENT wanted to know how frequently he woke-up at night. I only wake for screams, not slight noises, so I had had no clue. Let me just say he was awake more than asleep :(

Alex was 24 months not yet 25. He learned how to climb out and was out before I could even get to the bedroom door.

I am of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" frame of mind.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Daisypath Vacation tickers

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Yeah we have one baby gate, but I always get up earlier and I know i'll trip over the darn thing when it's 6am and pitch dark outside and i'm still half asleep.  LOL

LOL I usually step over the gate...but I'm not gonna be able to do that much longer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)