Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Common Traffic Violations - Which one(s) are you guilty of?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Liz
  • 11 Replies

Here are some of the most common traffic violations:

• Speeding
  • Running a red light
  • Not signaling
  • Crossing the median
  • Driving in car pool lane
  • Not stopping for school bus
  • Not stopping for pedestrians
  • Not using seat belt
  • Driving on shoulder
  • Passing in a no passing zone
  • Drunk driving
  • Reckless driving
  • Driving without a license, insurance, or registration
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Im a speeder... aside from that, I really do try to follow all other traffic rules. Im sure there have been times I have left myseatbelt off for period of time (but my car beeps incessantly- so I am sure not for long) and there have been times I'm sure havent signaled unintentionally...

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Speeding, definitely, but none of the others.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Speeding, driving on shoulder (to pass cars turning left), and while I always wear my seatbelt while driving...sometimes I forget when I'm a passenger.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Speeding is the only one.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM

speeding is the only one for me......

LadySaphira
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:15 PM

none, I have never even had a license. I always wear my seatbelt, even in the back seat. My hubby hasn't done any but run a red light once and that was not intentinal.

Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I speed. Not a lot usually, but I do it.

So... is driving and passing on the shoulder illegal? I see A LOT of people doing it here...

elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Same as everyone else. Speeding sometimes.

Yagoda
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM

• Speeding - in US and back home
  • Running a red light - here
  • Not signaling - I've never got a ticket for that, but was pulled over for that few times
  • Crossing the median - in Russia they take your license right away for that... but here I see everyone is doing it, honestly I thought it's ok. 
  • Driving in car pool lane - I never take car pool lane, because a lot of times there is this one person, who thinks that he is not in rush and the whole world should wait...
  • Not stopping for school bus - always stop
  • Not stopping for pedestrians - always stop
  • Not using seat belt - after I was not sit belted in an accident, I always wear it, no ticket
  • Driving on shoulder - use to drive there all the time when it's traffic in Russia, here shoulders are extremely small and harmful for the car, so never
  • Passing in a no passing zone - what is that?
  • Drunk driving  - guilty, 18 months driving without license, I was 19 back then, in Russia
  • Reckless driving - honestly, I still don;t understand that term...
  • Driving without a license, insurance, or registration - yeah, I did drive without license in Russia, didn't get a ticket though
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Here are some of the most common traffic violations:

• Speeding  I've done it and still do, but never very fast. 
  • Running a red light  Never
  • Not signaling     Never, this is one of my huge pet peeves.
  • Crossing the median  I've done that
  • Driving in car pool lane  Don't have that here
  • Not stopping for school bus  I always stop for school buses. What irks me though is when they are flashing their yellow lights getting ready to flash their red,sometimes those yellow lights flash forever, it confuses the hell out of me. I am never sure when to stop, so I always slow down.
  • Not stopping for pedestrians I always stop for them, even if they are being idiots
  • Not using seat belt I learned my lesson a long time ago when I got it an accident, now I always wear one.
  • Driving on shoulder I do this when I am trying to turn onto my street from ROute 5. The speed limit is 55, so they are going 60 or better. I drive on the shoulder to turn, other than that, I would be rear ended, because these idiots never slow down.
  • Passing in a no passing zone nope
  • Drunk driving Nope
  • Reckless driving nope
  • Driving without a license, insurance, or registration No way. Those are all jailable offenses!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)