Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fair or Too Much

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

What are your thoughts?

Pull My Finger: Kids Suspended Over School Bus Farts

Sunday May 15, 2011
School BusI'm not sure there's a middle school boy on the planet who doesn't appreciate a good fart joke -- and plenty of them probably let loose on their own whenever (and wherever) they can.

But two boys in Ohio's Canal Winchester Middle School were suspended recently for passing gas on the school bus.

As Steven Hoffer writes, the father of one of the boy's doesn't deny the blast of not-so-fresh air -- but is raising a stink over the fact that the school labelled the fart an "obscene gesture."

"Whose fault was it that there was commotion?" James Nichols asked. "The person who farted or the people who reacted to it?"

Of course, if it smells bad enough, how could you not react?

Photo © Getty Images

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NinaLemon
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:53 PM

I feel like there has to be something missing from this story, if not then it is an ridiculous reaction.  Farts are funny, there are times as an adult when being caught off guard by a fart sends me into hysterics!  There has to be something more, it just doesn't make sense!

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 21, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I had read in another article it said the boys were talked to about the farting in the past. I wondered how can boys do something like that but then the two older daycare started farting and burping yes on purpose and when farting was not loud enough they made farting noises as well.

Jillysmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I have to say we have kids farting all the time on the bus

powow65
by Kim on May. 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM
omfg.... Are you serious???!!! *sigh* might as well has school on internet for K-through 12 if their gonna take EVERYTHING AWAY!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I can see if the children were warned NOT to make a fuss or do it and continued to make a fuss and do it-- they honestly should have just been thrown off the bus. IMO Suspension is a bit much.
I think if they were warned to NOT do ANYTHING-- and continued to disobey-- then punishment is necessary. 

Jillysmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

I can see if the children were warned NOT to make a fuss or do it and continued to make a fuss and do it-- they honestly should have just been thrown off the bus. IMO Suspension is a bit much.
I think if they were warned to NOT do ANYTHING-- and continued to disobey-- then punishment is necessary. 

i could tell you things that happen on the bus and the kids aren't thown off.

Walker101
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:03 AM

pretty extreme honestly

remaining_me
by Kay on May. 22, 2011 at 12:08 AM

lmao..this is ridiculous.. didn't we have a post not long ago about people supporting a dumbass from being expelled after nearly burning his school down as a 'prank', but a kid farts and he's suspended.... lol nothing makes sense anymore.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 22, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Quoting remaining_me:

lmao..this is ridiculous.. didn't we have a post not long ago about people supporting a dumbass from being expelled after nearly burning his school down as a 'prank', but a kid farts and he's suspended.... lol nothing makes sense anymore.

Agreed!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on May. 22, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Far too much. This crap is getting out of hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)