• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your daughters and makeup?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM
  • 17 Replies

At what age will you or did your daughter start wearing makeup?

My DD has not started wearing any yet and she's not even the slightest bit interested. She's 13. I've asked her if she was interested and she says "not on this face".

I would allow her to wear lip gloss and mascara at this point if she desired but, nothing else.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I don't know. She's not my daughter as I get reminded oh-so-often, but she comes home in nailpolish that I remove b/c she bites her nails.
I am thinking that lip gloss at 13 is reasonable,  but then she lives with me... and I don't wear makeup unless it's a special event.

Shelly.xo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I just started putting mascara on Lexi shes only 10, shes worn lip gloss a while now :x Dini loves lip gloss, shes 9. I dont think Ill let them so much more till 12/13 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Naiya is 5 and gets her toenails & fingernails painted at the nail salon every two weeks (she goes when I go). She wears lip gloss from the kiddie make up sets. She knows how to apply mascara...so I've taken to hiding my own make uo from her.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I don't know. She's not my daughter as I get reminded oh-so-often, but she comes home in nailpolish that I remove b/c she bites her nails.
I am thinking that lip gloss at 13 is reasonable,  but then she lives with me... and I don't wear makeup unless it's a special event.

PFFT! Your more of a Mom to her than her incubator ever will or could be!

Shelly.xo
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM

My girls love this! 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Naiya is 5 and gets her toenails & fingernails painted at the nail salon every two weeks (she goes when I go). She wears lip gloss from the kiddie make up sets. She knows how to apply mascara...so I've taken to hiding my own make uo from her.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Hannah is allowed to wear lipstick and eye shadow. She does not wear it often only for special occasions.

Mystyk_moon
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I've never worn make-up myself, so I've never really thought about the twins actually wearing it, but I guess maybe around 13 or so, as long as they don't go overboard with it.

Emschick38
by Ali on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM

me either, for my wedding my DD was 8 and she wanted to wear makeup and i put lip gloss and eye shadow on her but she knew it was only because it was a special occasion. She is almost 11 now and has no interest in wearing it. last month she saw her friend (10 days younger than her) wearing make up and she said she thought her friend was trying to be too grown up.

Quoting Mystyk_moon:

I've never worn make-up myself, so I've never really thought about the twins actually wearing it, but I guess maybe around 13 or so, as long as they don't go overboard with it.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Quoting Mystyk_moon:

I wear it but, find it a pain in the ass to apply.I don't wear it every day but, I do own lots of makeup. I need the help!

gina6239
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Leah is only 2, but I paint her toe nails as a treat for doing something good. I will probably allow clear or very light pink lipgloss at 10, and then eyeshadow at 13. Foundation if she wants it, whenever her face starts breaking out, and eyeliner and mascara we will have to talk about. Right now her eyelashes are so long and thick she may never need it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)