Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gymboree is NOT a good thing!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM
  • 35 Replies

I have a shopping bag with $90 worth of stuff! 3 shirts for CJ, 1 for Alex, a sweater and dress for Carly..... I do have a 20% off coupon, and I am checking to see if a friend is still part time with them..... I could be in trouble! Actually I will weed it down, or the friend and her parents will grab and give it to the kids in October for their Birthday's.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I hope your friend is still there part time.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I was looking on there today for a first day of school outfit for Naiya.  I am completely uninspired this year.  She has a bureau full of clothes, many of them not yet worn, so it's not like she needs a new outfit. 

I don't like anything at TCP, Gymboree, or Old Navy.  I did get a groupon for 77kids by American Eagle at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack.  I'll have to take a trip up there in the next week...maybe I'll get lucky.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Ive been very uninspired myself for back to school...
usually I am shopping away-- this year--- not so much...

I hate what TCP has to offer this year for  5/6 boys. YUCKO!
Gymboree is OK.. I bought 2 pair of jeans during their jean sale... but the shirts seemed to baby-ish.
I havent checked ON- havent been over there...
Am heading to Danbury with a friend and her 2 LO's... maybe I'll find some cute stuff there... ?

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM

I ordered a few things from Old Navy...basic stuff...jeans, a couple tshirts, a nice polo I'm thinking he might wear the first day, and some stuff for DD. That's all so far. DS has so many pants and a few dressier shirts that he never grew into last year. I'm definitely not into it right now with everything going on.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I have NOT started any back to school clothes shoppingwith Jess. I'm so not looking forward to it. Last time it was a huge fight! NO THANKS!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Quoting lish2127:

I ordered a few things from Old Navy...basic stuff...jeans, a couple tshirts, a nice polo I'm thinking he might wear the first day, and some stuff for DD. That's all so far. DS has so many pants and a few dressier shirts that he never grew into last year. I'm definitely not into it right now with everything going on.

How's the baby lish?

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Ive been very uninspired myself for back to school...
usually I am shopping away-- this year--- not so much...

I hate what TCP has to offer this year for  5/6 boys. YUCKO!
Gymboree is OK.. I bought 2 pair of jeans during their jean sale... but the shirts seemed to baby-ish.
I havent checked ON- havent been over there...
Am heading to Danbury with a friend and her 2 LO's... maybe I'll find some cute stuff there... ?

did you look in big boy? that is where I found the shirts, soccer themed.

New York Moms

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting lish2127:

How's the baby lish?

wondering the same.

New York Moms

remaining_me
by Kay on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM

i was just on gymboree yesterday doing some looking for mayah for school/the fall.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting lish2127:

How's the baby lish?

She's about the same...not really getting better or worse at this point. They did another chest xray today and it didn't show anything new. The doctor seems optimistic though. He can't really give us a timeline or anything at this point. I have to say that I really do like him and most of the nurses taking care of her so far. I got to hold her for almost 2 hours yesterday, but that's it since she was first born. Because of the heavy breathing she can't breastfeed or have a bottle, but they finally did start giving her some of my milk this afternoon through a tube into her belly. That makes me feel a little better. I absolutely hate this! It was not fun coming home without her today!

I said this in the randoms post but I will be balancing my time between home with the kids and at the hospital with her. I have a room at the hospital so that I can stay there but tonight I am sleeping in my own bed! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)