• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im stressed and looking for advice on my boys!!! Ive tried everything

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:28 AM
  • 4 Replies

Im a single mom of 3.My two boys give me the worst problems....My oldest is 21 and my other boy is 15 gonna be 16 in October but they aggravate each other to no end EVERYDAY!!! The problem is my oldest boy has a learning diability and was a preemie so therefore hes 21 but acts like a 12 yr old...I have tried everything and have no clue what to do next..

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:31 AM

I am sorry, I am just reaching 16 with mine and so far so good.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM

UGH! I've been there done that and I'm still there with my 19 year old. Oh the stories I've shared with the other Moms in here have been numerous and I have no excuse such as a disability, well, other than ADHD.

I was once told their frontal lobes of the brain don't fully develop until they are 25. It made me feel a little bit better to hear that.

I like you have tried everything as well with my oldest and haven't gotten very far at all.

My latest attitude towards my oldest is " It's time to sink or swim". I just can't live like this anymore. Life full of stress.

I don't really have any advice for you other thatn try seeing if your almost 16 year old can take the high road and ignore his 21 y/o brother. Oh and ((hugs))

remaining_me
by Kay on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM

well my children are still very young so im no help as far as personal experience, but i have a cousin with disabilities and my aunt had him in a program with  other folks his age, it allowed him to be social, get out and enjoy himself on a daily basis and my aunt was able to get a breather during the day. might want to consider something like that.

as far as the two of them go, sounds a lot like my husband and his brother. they are close in age (i know they arent but maybe mentally)and they butt heads ALL the time, even as adults, but its just their dynamic. it may be hard to deal with or even watch as a woman and as their mother, but they determine what kind of relationship they want with one another, and maybe this is it. do they absolutely hate each other or do they just seem to have a really aggressive/ bantering relationship?

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Just wanted to send a hug. I have no advice/ experience.
I can just say that I can not imagine dealing with that every day.  It would drive me batty.
We are put on this earth to love and help one another... (even family!) LOL and it must just break your heart they cant seem to get along.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)