Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it bad when...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

Jessica was chosen out of over 900 female students to be on the leadership council. AWESOME NEWS! This is when the assistant principal recognised Jessica's last name. ( I'm sure she is the only student in school with that last name, it's far from common)

She tells Jessica, "I know your Mom and Dad very well". **hangs head** I'm sure she does know us very well as we've been in her office on numerous occasions. Way too many to count!

I did have a chance to talk to the Assistant principal for a minute at Nick's graduation and she was aware that Jessica would be coming to the High School this year.

I can only hope that the Principal doesn't recognise her and her name. I don't like him, not in the least bit. He's far from fair and obstinate! Last I spoke to this man was in the middle of the school year last year and I did mention that Jessica would be coming to the High School this year and that she is far from being like Nicholas and was quite the opposite of him and I was afraid for her entering the "zoo". I don't think he liked me calling it the zoo, but if the shoe fits!

This is when he told me he had made some major changes in the school which he was implimenting this year. So hopefully those changes have been made. They all sounded like positive changes.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I think it's awesome and an honor.  If either Asst Principal or the Principal though anything bad on you they wouldn't have done that....they would let your daughter be lost in the mix.  Congrats Jessica!!!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I think it's awesome and an honor.  If either Asst Principal or the Principal though anything bad on you they wouldn't have done that....they would let your daughter be lost in the mix.  Congrats Jessica!!!

I don't necisarily think they think anything bad about Ron and I. They know we tried and that we were always there. I just don't want them to be even the slightet bit jaded towards Jessica because of Nick.

Nick and Jess are polar opposites.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Well looks like in a short amount of time they realized that.  I'm sure it's hard for some teachers and principals to forget that siblings are not all alike.  My ex had the same thing, his older brother was always in trouble and Chuck paid for it with teachers saying "I'm watching you"

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 AM

UGH! One of the assistant principals came from the high school for our elementary school. I met her at the Sno Cone night, and she asked if I was related to John at the high school. Yup, we are his parents. She says "I only know how to say the name because I was in charge of placing students with IEP's for their Regents exams. The resource teacher kept telling me I was saying his name wrong and now it's stuck in my head how to say it. I saw CJ on the list, and was wondering how the two kids were related."

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:55 AM

For my brothers it was always the opposite, why can't you be more like your sister....

remaining_me
by Kay on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I would think because they're so opposite they're likely to be MORE welcoming to her. I know it SHOULD be this way but isnt this way, but since they work with children regularly  they should know all kids are individuals so I hope she gets her fair experience in HS.

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

I don't necisarily think they think anything bad about Ron and I. They know we tried and that we were always there. I just don't want them to be even the slightet bit jaded towards Jessica because of Nick.

Nick and Jess are polar opposites.

powow65
by Kim on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM

wow. what a D' head! smfh. can she go to a different HS?

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Quoting powow65:

the really big cities are usually the only places with more than 1 public high school..... I think Chris is in a smaller district like I am, where its that, private or homeschool.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting powow65:

the really big cities are usually the only places with more than 1 public high school..... I think Chris is in a smaller district like I am, where its that, private or homeschool.

I am in a smaller town. It's one high school, one middle school and 4 elementary schools. No other choice for me unless I put her in private,catholic or home school her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)