Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE! i will find the good....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

John's schedule will change entirely come October 1st. So much so that the pay period ending Oct 1 will be 12 hours short, a 48 hr week will now only be 36 unless he finds an open shift.

He is now working on Oct 11. Minor in the big picture, but he was off, so we had it all planned to go pumpkin picking. Plus it is Carly's Birthday.

On the good side, he is off the day before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, and black Friday, along with Christmas (and well the 3 days following, as Christmas is day one off).

Also, he will only have daytime shifts... 0630 to 1830, before late calls, covering, etc.... but techncially no overnights.

*****and they made a MISTAKE, he's not in group D, he's in group C, but he doesn't know what "position" he he all days? is he 2 days and 2 overnights? WTF, and now I need to reconfgure teh whole year!
and is now working: Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years. Some he had as scheduled days off then temper tantrum was had, and if coverage isn't found, he works.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
elwalters77
by Erica on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Sounds good to me.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

Sounds good to me.

it's little things that bug me.....lol

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Jillysmom
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:09 AM

glad you are looking at the big picture. try not to let it bug you too much hopefully you will all get used to it.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:03 AM

It sounds good to me.

Mom2Jack04
by Melissa on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Didn't he put in for Christmas like in Jan last year to make sure he finally got it off?  He got it, so i'm happy for that, but I understand how disappointing the current can be, on top of a smaller paycheck. 

Matts doing a commercial job after hours....so he's been leavings at 8 am and not getting home until about 10:30pm.....it's been tough and because the jobs are mostly left over living social deals and this we are flat broke....commercial job won't pay for about a month

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Didn't he put in for Christmas like in Jan last year to make sure he finally got it off?  He got it, so i'm happy for that, but I understand how disappointing the current can be, on top of a smaller paycheck. 

Matts doing a commercial job after hours....so he's been leavings at 8 am and not getting home until about 10:30pm.....it's been tough and because the jobs are mostly left over living social deals and this we are flat broke....commercial job won't pay for about a month

He had asked for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Day off.... and had gotten them.
Then the former Director ended up working Christmas this year, had a hissy fit, and made a new change that the day could be approved BUT if no one steps up to fill the shift... you will work. Which means John would probably end up working all of them.

Personally I think they need to tell the 20 part timers, to step up or leave. they get time and half for the Holiday's. John gets regular time because it's his scheduled day, the only way to get Time and a half would be if he hit 40 hrs before that day/shift.

So he defidently has the days off. The one week won't have as many hours in it, he will work the Wed/Thurs/Friday have Saturday the first off (which was his day 4 on, and 8 hours of which was OT), and then be working Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed because of the way they changed the schedule, for that week.

Yet, we had it all set. Johnny and Garrett are signed up to go to the overnighter with Church on Sun the 9 to Mon the 10th. John was off some rotation that gave him the 11th off. Which being a Tuesday is a day we have Carly to go pumpkin pikcing and do the immediate Birthday for her. Now we have to shuffle everything again.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM

The schedule at least sounds better. I would definitely be thankful for a regular schedule...where they work normal hours consistently. And at least he still has the holidays off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)