Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms in...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hey Momma's!

I was wondering if there were any moms located in the Orange County area? We recently moved here (over the summer) to a large condo complex where i was praying and hoping to meet some new moms but, unfortunately i haven't yet. My 18 month old son is dieing for some play mates. I don't think mommy is cutting it anymore. :(

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Sorry Mama. I'm in Erie County. Have you looked for any play groups in your area?

Jayyym
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I have. I've found one but, all the moms are in their 40's and it felt weird for me when I went. They were all career women turned stay at home moms. :(

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Quoting Jayyym:

I have. I've found one but, all the moms are in their 40's and it felt weird for me when I went. They were all career women turned stay at home moms. :(

well, Im not too far in westchester, but am in my 40's and am career woman turned mom-- so I'm of no help to you...LOL!!!
Check out your local library. they for sure offer some kids classes and you may find a nice group!
best of luck!

Jayyym
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:54 AM

haha. Awe! I didn't mean it in a negative way. Shoot. It's just a different mindset. Or maybe it was just that grouP?

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Quoting Jayyym:

haha. Awe! I didn't mean it in a negative way. Shoot. It's just a different mindset. Or maybe it was just that grouP?

I put the LOL cause I wasnt taking it in a negative way. It JUSt is. LOL... No biggie.
It IS a different mindset... and I "get it".

Do you have any gymboree classes? or maybe a local kids play place? I met a really good friend in the stop n shop.. picked her right up like produce (we always laugh) but her daughter was adorable.. we started chatting in the produce isle,,.and I gave her my cell number...
we've been friends since the kids were 6 months.. (they both JUST turned 5!)

elwalters77
by Erica on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Sorry, I'm in Cayuga County in central NY, but here's a bump!

Mom2BandCJ
by Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM

You might want to try MeetUp.com  There are lots of mom-toddler playgroups listed. 

You can also see if your local library has storytime for toddlers.  He's a little young, but it's a great way to meet local moms.

Good luck.

caribba
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Sorry I am far away, but don't knock that older women group. Sometimes you need some experienced older friends who have been there, done that.

bellamiceli
by Member on Nov. 16, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I am from Orange County and am 31...have alot of friends back home with young babies. Where did you move from? Where in Orange County are you? Most of my friends are in Washingtonville/Monroe area.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Sorry, I am in Onondaga.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)