Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hey everyone, my daughter turns 4 today and since she doesn't really have a lot of friends her age and all her family are being idiotic, her dad and i thought that we'd take her someplace nice for a special treat on her birthday.  I was thinking the zoo, he was thinking the bounce house.  Anyone else know of anything ( near syracuse ) that would be appropriate and fun for a 4 year old? ( and relatively inexpensive )

I appreciate any suggestions.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

CJ's House of Bounce in Camillus, the zoo, Kidzclub in Phoenix, Live 2 Bounce in Driver's Village Cicero, Build-a-Bear in Carousel and ride the Carousel, the MOST, Chuck e Cheese on Erie Blvd, Wegmans playground at Onondaga Lake park and go to Heids, Santaro Park on Velasko Rd in Syracuse and bring her bike or ride-ons...

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM

oh today would be excellent for a zoo trip. But Lish has good ideas too. you could probably check on-line for coupons for build a bear and chuck e cheese. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Happy Birthday to your daughter!

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

couple more ideas...get ice cream at Gannon's Isle which is on 173 in the Valley and go to the duck pond just down the street, and Great Northern Mall has a free play area in the food court along with Nikki's Party Place, an arcade, movie theater, and food of course

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Happy Birthday to your DD!

I'm not in the area but you've got some wonderful advice.

birthday sweetpea

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Thanks ladies, i knew you'd all come up with awesome creative stuff. 

i thought about the MOST too.

I LOOVe the idea of build a bear and then riding the carousel.  I could pop into the Disney store and grab her X-mas gift i've been wanting to grab . . .

and i totally forgot about the play place in Great Northern.  I don't know about a movie though . . . how do you know if she's old enough to go to a movie?  I mean, she might sit through one, but i don't even know what's out right now . . .

Jennifair
by Jen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Quoting Kimmiky:

Thanks ladies, i knew you'd all come up with awesome creative stuff. 

i thought about the MOST too.

I LOOVe the idea of build a bear and then riding the carousel.  I could pop into the Disney store and grab her X-mas gift i've been wanting to grab . . .

and i totally forgot about the play place in Great Northern.  I don't know about a movie though . . . how do you know if she's old enough to go to a movie?  I mean, she might sit through one, but i don't even know what's out right now . . .

Puss in boots is playing ....... It's a children's movie so if she makes a lil noise i don't see the problem , cause there are going to be other kids in there too. 

Cafe Denise
by Head Admin on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

birthday sweetpeaHope she has a great day! 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Somehow I missed this this morning. What did you decide?

As far as a movie goes, we have taken Alex to several and he turned 4 3 weeks ago. He's seen Madagascar 2, Monsters Vs. Aleins, and Lion King at the actual movies and many more at the drive-in. When we saw a 2pm show of Lion king there was 1 other couple with a toddler in the theater.

Jillysmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM
Happy Birthday,hope you were able to find something fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)