Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey Ladies, got some recipes to share,post them here so we have them all in one post.
I know I have seen some great recipes posted by you ladies.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Mexican Wedding cakes

1 cup butter

3/4 cup powdered sugar

2 cups flour

1 TSP Vanilla

1 Cup finely chopped nuts (i use walnuts)

Cream butter,confectioners sugar add vanilla.

Blend in flour, add nuts.

Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Bake at 300 for 25 minutes. Let cool( not completely) roll into confectioners sugar.let cool and roll in confectioners sugar once more.

Makes 3 1/2 dozen!

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Can't get any easier than this

These are super easy. My kids can pretty much make them on their own. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees. Now, spread the round pretzels on a cookie sheet so that they lie flat. Fill it up. These treats are addictive and you’re going to wish you made more.

Unwrap about a million kisses, one for each pretzel and one for each kid’s mouth every few minutes. Place one kiss in each pretzel.

Now, place the cookie sheet into your oven. Allow the kisses to melt. Don’t leave the room. This really takes only 3 or 4 minutes. Maybe less, depending on your oven. Take them out as soon as the kisses are melted, but still hold their shape. If you leave them in too long, they will dry out and become hard.

Now, press one M&M into each kiss. Push them around a little so that chocolate touches all of the edges of the pretzels.

Allow the chocolate to set up and enjoy. They will set up fine at room temperature, but we usually end up sticking them in the fridge to encourage the process. We’re impatient. Enjoy. Share them, you will be loved by all.

Merry Christmas to you all from all of us on Hilltop.

I'm going to try these!!!!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Quoting Jillysmom:

OMG,these look great and super easy. Where do you get round preztels?

Quoting lizmarie1975:

C

I haven't been able to find them yet. I'm probably just going to use Snyder's Snaps

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM

sparkling_cranberries2.jpg

Sparkling Cranberries

For the simple syrup, raw cane sugar or real brown sugar lends a nice molasses flavor to the cranberries, but regular granulated sugar (or a blend of brown/white) will work.

2 cups cranberries, picked over
2 cups water
2 cups sugar (see head notes)

More sugar for coating: I do a mix of medium-grained organic sugar for the first coating, and then a second toss with regular granulated white sugar. You don't want a huge grain for that first toss, just something larger than standard sugar, smaller than most turbinado sugars. You can sort of see the different grain sizes in the third photo in the main write-up.

Place the cranberries in a medium glass bowl and set aside.

Make a simple syrup by bringing the water and sugar just to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Let the syrup cool for a couple minutes and then pour it over the cranberries. If the syrup is too hot the cranberries will burst, so be careful. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, drain the cranberries and toss them with larger grained sugar until they are well coated. I only use a scoop of sugar at a time, and small batches of cranberries, so the sugar doesn't get too damp. Place the coated cranberries on a baking sheet to dry for a few hours.

Do a second toss with the regular granulated sugar, this typically takes care of any sticky spots on the cranberries. Let dry another hour.

Makes 2 cups of sparkling cranberries.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Dulce De Leche-Chocolate Bars

Dulce De Leche-Chocolate Bars

Yield: 48 bars
Prep:   50 mins 
Bake:   12 mins  to  18 mins  350°F 
Start to Finish:  3 hrs 10 mins 
Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
  • Pinch salt
  • 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
  • Red and green food coloring
  • Red and green mini M&M candies
  • Red and green fruit leather

Directions

1. Make crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F; place rack in center. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to extend on two sides.

2. In a mixer bowl, beat together butter and confectioners' sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in extract, then flour and salt until combined well. Press along bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until just golden brown around edges, 12 to 18 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.

3. Make filling: Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, milk and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened and a deep caramel color, about 15 minutes. Pour over crust and spread evenly; refrigerate until completely cool, about 1 hour.

4. Melt semisweet chocolate; let cool slightly. Using a spatula, evenly spread over filling (for swirled top, see below). Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Using a knife, score chocolate layer into 1-12-inch squares.

5. For swirled top: Divide white chocolate into three parts. Tint one part red and one part green. Leave remaining part white. Dollop red, green and white chocolates over semisweet layer. Using a toothpick, gently swirl together colors.

6. For decoration: Using white chocolate, adhere candies to squares, making holly or wreaths. Using a small, clean paintbrush, make a snowman out of white chocolate; decorate with candy.Let stand until set, about 20 minutes.

7. Run a sharp knife under hot water; dry. Following score marks, cut into squares. Wipe knife after each cut (run under hot water and dry as needed). (Can be made ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.)

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM

BUMP for sticky!

busygramma4
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:50 PM

If you go into recipes for busy moms, there are some great recipes there.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 6, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Christmas White Trash

I am going stop baking and go ahead and post my Christmas White Trash recipe. I have had several request for the recipe and it is so quick and easy to make. This trash is an all time family favorite. I make it for, Valentine's, Easter, and whenever there is something to celebrate. The basic recipe for the trash is the same each time. I just change the color of the M&Ms for what we are celebrating. For Valentine's I use the cute pink, red, and white M & Ms. This makes a great treat to give as gifts in little holiday bags also.

Christmas White Trash

24 oz. vanilla flavored candy coating (almond bark)
6 cups Kellogg's Crispix cereal
3 cups Christmas shaped pretzels
16 oz. M&M'S Peanut Butter Chocolate Candies, or Peanut Chocolate Candies, or Plain Chocolate Candies in Christmas Colors

In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for 2-4 minutes at 30 SECOND intervals until chocolate is melted; set aside. In a large bowl, add cereal, pretzels, and M&Ms. Pour melted chocolate over the cereal mixture. Using a large spatula to fold all together making sure not to break up the cereal to much. Once all the mixture is coated real well with the chocolate, pour out onto a table lined with waxed paper. Once cooled, break up into piece and store in an air tight container.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Dec. 6, 2011 at 4:38 PM

you can also do that with the "gridded" pretzel shape ;)

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Can't get any easier than this

These are super easy. My kids can pretty much make them on their own. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees. Now, spread the round pretzels on a cookie sheet so that they lie flat. Fill it up. These treats are addictive and you’re going to wish you made more.

Unwrap about a million kisses, one for each pretzel and one for each kid’s mouth every few minutes. Place one kiss in each pretzel.

Now, place the cookie sheet into your oven. Allow the kisses to melt. Don’t leave the room. This really takes only 3 or 4 minutes. Maybe less, depending on your oven. Take them out as soon as the kisses are melted, but still hold their shape. If you leave them in too long, they will dry out and become hard.

Now, press one M&M into each kiss. Push them around a little so that chocolate touches all of the edges of the pretzels.

Allow the chocolate to set up and enjoy. They will set up fine at room temperature, but we usually end up sticking them in the fridge to encourage the process. We’re impatient. Enjoy. Share them, you will be loved by all.

Merry Christmas to you all from all of us on Hilltop.

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)