Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoying FB posters!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do any of you have those people who just post the most annoying crap?? Keep your philosophical crap to yourself! Yeah for you, the sun will come out tomorrow, great you watched Annie.  Or the people who post how their wonderful/loving  hubby took them out to dinner at their favorite restaurant and how blessed they are to have their friends and family?  I am on FB less than 5 minutes a day and I have never posted a status. now I enjoy reading the interesting things my friends/family are doing, but some of them are just so annoying.  I cant help but wonder if they are trying to convince everyone else how great their husbands/lives are, or convince themselves!  One of them is always posting how great her husband is, well lets see, hes unemployed because he was a lawyer then decided thats not what he wanted to be so then he quit to go to school but he took a few classes then stopped, so he doesnt work, not in school, she works 3 days a week, and even on the days she does work, she drops the kids off at daycare because he doesnt watch them!! Doesnt sound like such a great guy to me. Then a cousin who does nothing but post about the occupy wall street thing.  every article, video, all of it.  If I want to read/watch it I can do it on my own, I dont need your facebook page for it!  every post is political with him. Another who is having personal problems but is either talking about rainbows tomorrow or crying her sorrows, sorrows she is bringing on all by herself.  They are all related to me so for me to delete them would cause an issue but I cant help but wonder why they think we all need to know every little detail of their life or political belief. I  just want to post NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I just hide their updates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Isn't that sort of what Facebook is about anyway? LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Its to stay connected, sure, but sometimes people really go overboard on it. I guess Im not the type to broadcast every little thought Im having or activity I did over the weekend. I ceratinly wouldnt post about my personal thoughts and issues. To each their own, but when their are 12 new feeds for just 1 personin a few hours time, I cant help thinking they need to get a better hobby.

Beth421
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I hate PDA on fb between married couples. If tgey didnt care about other ppl kbowing they could privately text. I also hate the one line attention seeking ppl. Ex: "I am so mad!" or "big news!"
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Rofl!  Hell yes you're right. NO ONE CARES! I have a few who post such nonsense or are always complaining how sick they are it drives me bat shit crazy!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I have one that a lot of what she talks about is some Tenn Bride (?) show? Drives me batty...but I love her.

geeez
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM

It  annoys me when I see a post  "just ate a bagel and....blah, blah,"   seriously who cares.  And some people just can help themselves and post their dirty laundry for all to see. That erks the shit out of me.   And like you said, then there are those who post b.s. when their lives are just the opposite.  These posts are read by those, unlike you who know otherwise, who believe their lives are great.  Some people just cannot be true to themselves and want everyone to think their lives are Rosey.  Don't waste your time getting aggravated, it takes too much energy.  Remember you have the last laugh cause you know their situation better than the next. 

missvickey
by Vickey on Jan. 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I used to have my nephews now ex-girlfriend on mine. She would post everything she did throughout the day. I don't think I would have minded so much if her life wasn't slightly more boring then mine...LOL. Her posts ran something like...
Day 1: watching tv now. Later going to so-and-so's house.
Later same day: back from so-and-so's. Having dinner then a movie with my baby. Later idk.
Day 2: watching tv then going to so-and-so's.
Later: back from so-and-so's. She's spending the night here. Going to watch a movie.
Later that night: making popcorn then watching a movie later playing a game.
Days 3-7 same as first two.
Her life was nothing but TV, movies and sleep overs with a little shopping here and there.
Ugh!...seriously! Does she really think that every one needs to know where she is and what she is doing at any given time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I get annoyed by the BS that people post. A mutual aquantaince (sp) of my bff's and mine (whom, because of my blutness the aquantaince and I are not friends)... will post everyday day..... "got up, got child his pink milk, fed critters" yes, the child has horrible eating habits... pink milk is strawberry milk. Christmas morning is SO devoted to him, that they (the parents) open all gifts on Christmas Eve...
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Eh there are some people I hide and others I just skim right past their posts or pics. I am guilty of posting a million pictures of my kids...but it's more for my family and friends who are far away that ENJOY seeing them and want to know what we're up to, plus I'd prefer to ONLY be friends with them anyway...I don't care if it bothers other people or they are annoyed...they can hide my updates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)