Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I was just audited!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 24 Replies

I do my shopping at Stop & Shop.  I use the scanner and scan and put into bags as we go. Sam will sit in the cart and play with my Ipad or phone...There is a Starbucks inside the store so I get a Latte and we walk the aisles and I usually get my shopping done easily enough.

Today, I had a few issues.  I bought 2 gala apples... and the scale came up that my 2 apples were 2 cents.  Well, I'm an honest person so I went to a man working there... told him I was having a problem with the scale.. he came over... pressed a few buttons to reset and sure enough 1.42 later in Gala apples, I'm on my way shopping.

I needed green chili's for this tortilla soup I am making tomorrow or Thursday for dinner... and when I rang up 2... the scanner said I was getting 3... so I had to scan again, remove... and again on my way...

I bought 2 bags of 5 minute french fries for Sam... they were 2 for 5.00... well, they rang up on the scanner 3.25 each... so I went up to the customer service...and the guy fixed the price and again, we were on our way to finish up our shopping...

I had 83.00 worth of stuff in my cart... and I get the the automated ring out--- and it tells me I need assistance...  I call the girl over and she tells me I'm being audited.... I had to pull my cart over and take the bags out for them to look through and check my bags to make sure I wasn't stealing!!

This took forever and I was really inconvienced. She DIDNT find anything... cause, well, I dont steal!!  I even told her not to look for the bagel that was scanned- cause it was in Sam's belly.

Do you think I should call the office? I mean... I understand there are protocols.. but I wasted SO MUCH time today at that store!!!!  I feel like they should give me something for my inconvenience!!

Am I JUST being bratty?

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenniferlee_12
by Jennifer on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I would call corporate and explain the whole situation. I mean if you were going to steal, why tell them about the apples ringing up practically free. 

keljo05
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

i've had that happen to me and I just let it go. Most of the time it saves me time and is easy and smooth... they need to do spot checks to make sure the average is that people are being honest. Annoying as it is, lol

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I have never used those scanners...I always forget about them.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quoting keljo05:

i've had that happen to me and I just let it go. Most of the time it saves me time and is easy and smooth... they need to do spot checks to make sure the average is that people are being honest. Annoying as it is, lol

that IS what I was thinking.... about the spot checks.... today was just bam, bam, bam things wrong.. and I am having company for dinner and felt like I had a lot to do.... and didnt want to be at stop and shop for 1.5 hours for something that typically takes me 45-55 minutes. (yet I can be on cm bitching..LOL... I JUST finished all my prep work for dinner--- LOL!)

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I would certainly call about the scanner issues. As far as the audit it could have been that you were just the right customer ( ie they audit the 10, 25, 30 et)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by Jen on Feb. 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM

urgh, crappy! It wouldn't hurt to put a letter into Corp. 

keljo05
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I hear ya.. it's never on an easy day that it happens.. only when you just need to get in and out... watch it will now happen to me tomorrow, lol

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting keljo05:

that IS what I was thinking.... about the spot checks.... today was just bam, bam, bam things wrong.. and I am having company for dinner and felt like I had a lot to do.... and didnt want to be at stop and shop for 1.5 hours for something that typically takes me 45-55 minutes. (yet I can be on cm bitching..LOL... I JUST finished all my prep work for dinner--- LOL!)

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I've never even heard of this.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I have never used those scanners...I always forget about them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Erica, Self Checkout :)
I think around here it's BJ's, Lowe's, Home Depot, some Walmarts and Price Chopper that have them (although I could be wrong on Price I haven't been in one in YEARS).

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

remaining_me
by Kay on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:19 AM

i would call. i don't think i would expect anything except for them to get their shit together, but i mean, if they're willing to give u something for your time lost that'd be considerate of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)