• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

class rings.... *sigh*

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

Last year (sophomore year) Johnny came home with the Josten's book for his class ring.
The basic level that would allow him to customize his side design started at $270, depending on metal finish.
Needless to say it didn't happen....lol

I have been searching online for options. Well, I found Walmart has a basic custiomizeable ring for $104, but very few options for the side and nothing Johnny got excited about.

Then found ArtCarved's website... who is where my ring came from (and I have NEVER forgiven my Mom)..... Johnny can customize the sides... they have bowling and firefighter...... and it will be about $220. I also found places I can order it in the area, and have his finger properly sized.....
We are pretty happy... and Johnny is offering to pay 1/2.....

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powow65
by Kim on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM
aw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

nice and $50 is $50, better in your pocket

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jillysmom:

nice and $50 is $50, better in your pocket

they started at for Jostens.... the $270 didn't get him what he really wanted.... the options for the sides were limited....

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:26 AM

YAY! I'm glad you found a place. Generally when a school goes with one company the mark up is terrible.

Ewa101
by Ewa on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I find the rings not worth the expense.  They wear them for a month or so, and then forget about them.  Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to persuade any of my children, including my son, not to buy them.  At present we have six class rings hanging around the house:  my two daughter's junior high and high school rings, and my son's elementary, and junior high.   I guess, my daughters wizened up once in college, because neither of them bought a ring. 

Katherine696997
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Quoting powow65:

aw.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Quoting Ewa101:

I find the rings not worth the expense.  They wear them for a month or so, and then forget about them.  Unfortunately, I didn't find a way to persuade any of my children, including my son, not to buy them.  At present we have six class rings hanging around the house:  my two daughter's junior high and high school rings, and my son's elementary, and junior high.   I guess, my daughters wizened up once in college, because neither of them bought a ring. 

I agree. I wore mine for... hmmm, 2 years...
Hubby wore his for 2 weeks. LOL...
both SIT in boxes in our house... for what?
Mine has a ruby- his has a sapphire... what a waste... could you convince him to do something better then buy a dumb ring with "SOME" of the money?

aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I can't remember where I bought mine, but I do remember that I had a p/t job in HS, so I paid for my class ring and cap/gown myself. :)

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Quoting Ewa101:

I didn't wear mine because despite them sizing me, it never fit. It was so big it would fall off. My mother NEVER did anything about it, the rep at delivery was like "your hands are cold."

It finally fits and I do wear it.

We also only offer them at the high school level here, so getting one is a big deal.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM

They mean more to some people than others. I didn't really like my high school after moving here in 10th grade. It didn't mean much to me. The pins, letters, and awards from sports mean a lot more. Once I got to college I wouldn't wear my ring anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)