Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memorial Day

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, so Baldwinsville is backwards and still celebrates Memorial Day on the 30th of May.
I don't know how long they have kept it on the 30th, but at least all of my adult years...and I recall marching in it as a Brownie, so it's been a LONG TIME.

Little League Schedule: both Garrett and CJ have games that night. I emailed the coaches that the kids wouldn't be there due to the parade. Garrett's coach tells me I am mistaken. The parade will be over teh weekend and the game is Wed. CJ's coach "Why do they do that? We are going to have to reschedule because they are going to ask us to march."

I look at the track schedule Garrett has an away meet at Liverpool. Only a parent can pick up a child from an away meet (or he can take the bus back to the school at the END). So I have to figure out how to get Garrett after his event. As he wants to ride in Truck 1 with his Dad (and Garrett put in more time than needed gettign that truck in service).

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM

So the parade is on Wed?

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Yupper!
Very nice, as it ends up a bit longer than others because of teh odd date. You should have gotten a message about the picnic.
Only thing is my Mom is hostess during teh parade. John is with the FD, and I think I am going to march this year.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM

we're usually at our camp for memorial weekend, but maybe with it being wed we'll be home. L'pool parade is mon the 28th and idk if we'll be back but supposed to be in it for karate

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I'd let him ride the parade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)