Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

would this bother you?

Posted by   + Show Post
So as some of you knowN due to cps and custody battles my neices have habeen staying with us. More so the 11 yr old than the 13 yr old. But the 11 yr old is here at least 5 day/nights a week. Last sat her dad calls saying he's going to pick her up, he's taking them to the movies. Ok, but does he even ask if my son wants to go?? No. Then today he let her take some friends to see titanic 3d for her bday which.is in May. I'm pretty ticked about this as they are same age. In same class w same friends. He'd know everyone there. She has always been at our house a lot as her parents have had troubles for past 10 yrs. Many cps cases, just a mess. She's been on vacation w us, day trips, everything. I know my son is a little upset he wasn't invited, not devestated or anything but still. I am way more annoyed than he is cause even if she didn't think to ask neither parent says hey invite your cousin?? So I'm sorry, this week she can stay home w her dad and siblings whether the dads home or not. He's a nurse and works 12 hour shifts, 7-7 but know what? That's not my problem. I have really had it with my inlaws and this was really the final straw. So am I wrong for being this annoyed?
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Replies (21-23):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Yes, I did enjoy your street impression. It totally made me LOL!
I know they haven't been taught better and we try to teach them manners and respect when they're here, but when its only part time its useless. They curse and carry on at home. Up till midnight or later. Don't do their homework, truly have no rules at home. I do feel bad but honestly, its taking its toll and now my oldest is becoming fresh and I won't have that! So yeah as sad as it is for the kids, I do believe its time for the curb!

Quoting SamMom912:

CeCe.. I would be SOOO done if I were you.
I do still feel bad for the kids... (and that is my issue! LOL) only cause they JUSt HAVE NOT BEEN TAUGHT better. They are fresh and bratty YES... and beyoond RUDE.. maybe SOMDAY they will get a wake up call.. but, really honey, it isnt YOUR job. But it is SAD that your BIL and their mom dont see that... that is ALL that is sad... but, really you have done MORE then your fair share... and what that girl did with your headache.. OMG- she would have found herself sitting on my front stoop. HOLY MOLY was that disresepctful and plain unacceptable.
Your energy needs to be focused on yourself and your little ones.... I'd kick that family to the curb..they dont resp'ect you, they just rude!!  Oh yes I did say that... Uh Huh! (that was my street impression! like it?) LOL...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
You're right. It is unfair. But id never hit someone elses child cause if they hit mine all hell would break lose. That being said, my son would never do something like that. But he is starting to become very fresh and I believe its from hanging out w them too much. They are here every day before and after school. Always have been, but now its also staying over even on weeknights, all weekend. Its just too much. Thdy need to start going home after school. So I agree w you, its unfair my son gets in trouble for things that they get away with.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I think it's kind of unfair, also, that your kids see their cousins act a certain way and not get disciplined by you and they KNOW that if they pulled the same shit they would be in so much trouble. It sends the wrong message. Those kids need to have some consequences in your house. If you can't do that (because the father doesn't allow you to) then they need to go.

Quoting Cecelia712:

Its his sisters kids and he's been done w the whole thing for ages . I've always been the one saying its not fair to the kids etc... but like I said the kids are sooo fresh its crazy. Last week I had such a bad headache my eyes were literally tearing so my neice asked what was wrong and I said my head hurt. She leans down andd screeched in my ear! How I didn't smack her I have no idea. I smply told her she needed to go sit outside for a few minutes. But had that been my son he would have been backhanded so fast he wouldn't have known what him him! My son would never do that to anyone tho, he'd go get you an advil and glass of water! And that's what ticks my husband off, they are fresh, and have no consequences at all. Their dad let's them do whatever, and I mean whatever! They want.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting Cecelia712:

Aww, I like your fantasy world. Is there room for me in there?? No they don't contribute, they don't even say thank you. Its just expected but we've always done it for "the kids sakes". But I'm growing tired of this arrangement.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Yes, it would seriously annoy me. Do they contribute monetarily to your household?

LOL. I kind of knew the answer to the question as I was writing it. I was just hoping I was wrong!

I think that arrangement sucks. What does your hubby say?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coleysmama
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hmmm, well that tidbit of info has me changing my opinion...lol

If parents and nieces were ungrateful and disrespectful, then sorry, the arrangements would be changing quickly.

Quoting Cecelia712:

That's ok, I never stated who's sibling it was. He's done w them and would rather not have them here as much. Like I said its very expensive, they are fresh, and the 13 yr old steals and hits my 2 yr old. He's happy I'm finally seeing it his way.

Quoting Jennifair:

ohhh it's your hubby's sister? Sorry I misunderstood. What does he say about all of this? Hugs to you. You serious are wonder woman! 

Quoting Cecelia712:

Its his sister. I haven't spoken to either of my brothers in years. But yes, they do need a good slap in that family!

Quoting Jennifair:

I would be pissed! Only because you do so much to help them. I'm sorry for your son. That has to stink. I think your brother needs a few slaps to the head to wake his ass up! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)