Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Just want to cry

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
I was going to talk to my doctor about disability tomorrow, but we just got an estimate for our roof - $6500! No way I can stop working now. I hope I can make it through even longer. So much for starting my business. I don't have the stamina to make it through a work day, let alone adding anything else to my plate. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM
In fact, even though I don't know how I can possibly do it, I feel like I need to find a second job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Aw Man that sucks.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM

WOW! I'm so sorry Erica. Is your DH handy at all? Can maybe some of his friends and him get together to fix the roof?

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:28 PM
I'm sorry about your roof. Things always seem to go wrong at the worst times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM

If you want to talk to your doctor about putting you on disability, how do  you plan on doing your own business???  To disabled to work but disabled enough to start your own business.... sounds a bit fishy.....

Jennifair
by Jen on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

who did you get the quote from? Call around. Does the whole roof have to be done now? or can half be done then half next summer. Something will eventually work out.......... it HAS to! 

elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM
You don't know the back story. At all.

I'm working with ACCES-VR (formerly VESID, a state program for those with disabilities to help them find/train for suitable work) to start a business that would require less work per week and would be more suitable to my health limitations and needs. I can do some work, but not full time and not what I'm currently doing much longer. It isn't good for my health. Disability would be temporary, allowing me to actually get that business going and be self sufficient again, in a way that doesn't further hinder my health.

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

If you want to talk to your doctor about putting you on disability, how do  you plan on doing your own business???  To disabled to work but disabled enough to start your own business.... sounds a bit fishy.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM
My BIL, Pat. Can't get any cheaper than that. :(

And I feel like something HAS to eventually work out but I just don't know how. I'm working myself to death. Literally.

Quoting Jennifair:

who did you get the quote from? Call around. Does the whole roof have to be done now? or can half be done then half next summer. Something will eventually work out.......... it HAS to! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

I'm sorry...but have you been here before? Are you aware of the backstory? As regulars(and members) to this group we know exactly what she is talking about.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Sorry but you really shouldn't be making comments like that without knowing everything, its rude

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN