Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I'm having bouts of doubt..

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 16 Replies

about being able to handle everything between the kids,house and work.

Today I was stressed to the max and I am achy all over!

So far I've had to wake up at 6 AM to get to the pncake breakfast Jessica's school club was having to raise money for FACT (Fun Activity Club for Teens) club. Stayed there till almost 11 to help with that.

Ran to Tops, the Bank, Lowes and Wally World and still have to grocery shop. Came home,picked up dog poop,cut the lawn, re fixed yet again my front lawn because people don't seem to know the difference between grass and pavement. Cleaned out the car, gassed it up (57 dollars,grr) cleaned the litter boxes. Cooked dinner, cleaned up that mess and now I'm doing laundry.

All I want to do is go to sleep.

If I'm doing all of this. WTF is everyone else doing? I was seriously stressing. I'm not worrying about dinner tomorrow. They can have grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup! I mean Ron was with me and helping with the outside stuff but I did EVERYTHING else. **crying & having a pitty party for myself** I'll get over it, I'm sure. It's just a HUGE adjustment.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifair
by Jen on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It's time for everyone else to help you! I know that  the kids are in school and have homework and extras and what not, but can Jess do litter and dog clean up. Nick do lawn. Sit down and have a family meeting, let them know what mom working means ( insurance, anda lil extra $. ) You can do it, just going to be an adjustment. For you and the family, they got to used to you doing everything for them. 

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jennifair:

It's time for everyone else to help you! I know that  the kids are in school and have homework and extras and what not, but can Jess do litter and dog clean up. Nick do lawn. Sit down and have a family meeting, let them know what mom working means ( insurance, anda lil extra $. ) You can do it, just going to be an adjustment. For you and the family, they got to used to you doing everything for them. 

Thank you Jen! I am going to take your advice and have that sit down with the kids. I don't ask them for much. Well, Jess I do and she does help but it's like pulling teeth with her this weekend! As a matter of fact she does a lot, which is NOT fair to her. Nick is never here but you're right. Mom can't do it all for them anymore, she's tired!

Emschick38
by Ali on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I agree with Jen, sit down and see if you can come up with a solution. I hope they work nicely with you.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Let us know how the meeting went.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I think Jen is right, Hope it goes well

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
A meeting is a good idea. And I'm a list person. Id make a list of daily chores for everyone so they can't say they forgot or thought it was someone elses chore. They are both old enough to help out. You're working to help beneft the entire family so they can help also.
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Defidently sit them down, and dole out expectations!

That is one of the MAIN reasons I don't work (first place is actually the cost of child care).

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Defidently sit them down, and dole out expectations!

That is one of the MAIN reasons I don't work (first place is actually the cost of child care).

Daycare costs are outrageous. I don't know how working Moms do it. The cost of it verses an actual paycheck.

The girl next door has two in day care and works. I don't know how she does it. It's really insane.

I'm not willing to give up this job because of the house and scheduling. I need this for a variety of reasons. One being insurance and the other, I need it for me. I was going crazy just sitting around.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Let us know how the meeting went.

I will. I need to find a time we are all home to do this.

Ewa101
by Ewa on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Wow, you did a lot!!!  I guess kids chipping in is a good idea, and doing a little each weekday, rather than leaving all the chores for the weekend.

I feel the only chores I could give to the kids are those I don't feel strongly about, or those that they care about more than I do.  Otherwise I would nag them constanly, or do the chores myself.  So, for example I asked my teenage girls to do the laundry, because I felt they would be careful with our clothes.  On the other hand, the garden is my responsibility, because weeds bother me more than anyone else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN